This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't blame the Barista!

So this weekend Dad and I were at a greenapronbucks that I normally don't go to because it's always swamped. We decided to go inside because the line was long in the drive thru. Inside it looks like they are short at least one person but everyone's friendly and trying to go as fast as possible. Dad and I order drinks and sandwiches (they were already out of some so you know that their morning was slammed). As we go stand at the pickup counter we find Miss SC. You know the women who bleach their hair blonde/white and wear makeup and clothing best left to someone a decade younger then them? (side note - WTF do they do that? It isn't attractive and ages them so much!!)

Miss SC is sighing and doing those annoyed "huhmf" sounds. I get my drink (dad had straight coffee), and we're still waiting on the sandwiches. When the barista hands over my drink Miss SC starts laying into him.
    Miss SC: "You know this is outrageous!! I've been waiting here for my sandwiches and I had to leave my son in the car and now people are going to think I'm a bad mother and I can't believe how long you're taking and I'm having to leave my son alone and what if something happens to him and where are my sandwiches, how long does it take to heat one up, this is ridiculous, just refund me for my sandwiches, rabble rabble bitch bitch"
    Barista apologizes and stops making drinks to run over and check on the sandwiches. Dad and I are feeling bad for the barista, but hey, crazy can be entertaining so we're watching and making the following comments in normal voices "you know I believe that there is a drive thru here...no one asked you to get out of the car" "you know I believe that children are allowed in greenapronbucks, why would you leave your kid in the car alone if you could bring them in?"

Barista comes back with one sandwich and says the other one is still cooking, can he get her anything else for the inconvenience, keeps apologizing, etc., etc.
    Miss SC: "just refund me my money! god I've had to wait so long and my poor son is probably so scared...rabble, rabble, bitch (see above)"

Barista gets her money for one sandwich apologizes again and gets back to the drinks that are now stacking up. Dad and I then watch the woman walk out, both of us still commenting on her. Being curious I walk to the door behind her and watch her get into the passenger side of a car and hand the sandwich to the man in the drivers seat. I can tell she's complaining to him about the wait but I go back, tell dad and he goes "eh bitches like that are all over the place" (I love my dad!)

The barista has our sandwiches and is totally appologetic to us about the delay and how long it took so I said "don't worry about it and just so you know that woman had a driver out with her kid. You didn't do anything she just wanted to be a bitch to someone today".
    The barista started laughing so at least I helped his day a little.
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Good on you

The SC was such a doucheasaurus. I really don't get the bleaching thing either, let alone the decade-young clothing thing Whatever happened to "aging gracefully?"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      Whatever happened to "aging gracefully?"
      You have to have grace to age gracefully.

It's pretty obvious that woman was a graceless cow.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Actually, I sorta figured the driver WAS her kid. Wouldn't surprise me.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Actually, I sorta figured the driver WAS her kid. Wouldn't surprise me.
          Yeah, that's what I thought. Wouldn't surprise me either.

Although it's not my favorite expression, I think it would apply here.

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergancy on my part"

So much fail in this story, all coming from the same source.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            Good on you

The SC was such a doucheasaurus. I really don't get the bleaching thing either, let alone the decade-young clothing thing Whatever happened to "aging gracefully?"
            With shrieking harpies women like her, it's more like aging disgracefully. Sheesh, who spit in that SC's soy milk latte?
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              You have to have grace to age gracefully.
              Love. Permission to steal for sig line?
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I know of a few older women who still have the figure and the youthful skin and hair to pull off what younger women wear........and I just hope that I age that well one day.

But then there's the women who are in complete denial that they can't pull off low rise jeans or plunging v-neck tight hugging Hollister shirts anymore, so they just try as hard as they can and it looks just awful.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No I did see a kid in the back seat, so she wasn't lying about that. I was wondering if maybe she only ordered one sandwich and was scamming to get a refund on the second one.
                  A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
                    As we go stand at the pickup counter we find Miss SC. You know the women who bleach their hair blonde/white and wear makeup and clothing best left to someone a decade younger then them? (side note - WTF do they do that? It isn't attractive and ages them so much!!)
                    I've always loved the British expression for that particular look - it's called "mutton dressed as lamb".

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                      I've always loved the British expression for that particular look - it's called "mutton dressed as lamb".
                      That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        Love. Permission to steal for sig line?
                        Enjoy!

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X