This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One from the hobby shop

This actually happened during Black Friday As usual, I had to work. At least the markets closed early, so I was on my home by 1pm. Annoying, but oh well. Rather than head straight home, I thought I'd hit up the hobby shop for some glue. Of course, I couldn't help checking out all the kits...not like I *need* more...

But, by 2:30 or so, I was getting hungry, and was about to leave. I couldn't find the glue I wanted, so as I'm waiting for the owner to look for me, an older lady started bugging him about model paint. Since he was already running around, I thought I'd help her out.

Why not, since I'm there anyway, and according to the owner "probably knows more than [he] does." So, she said she was looking for "chrome" paint, and I walked her over to the paint rack. I said that there were different brands of paint the shop carried, and that just about every brand had some sort of "chrome."

Not knowing what she wanted, I pulled off a bottle of Tamiya water-based paint, and said that it was one of the better brands. Not exactly cheap (about $2.30 for 10mL), but it'll do the job. Plus, it'll clean up with water.

...and that's when the fun started. She asked if there were any other colors, so I pulled down some pink, red, green, etc. But, she kept asking if "chrome" came in other colors Didn't dawn on us (me and the owner) that she didn't quite know what "chrome" was, until she started asking what the "sparkly' stuff in the paint was.

She wasn't sucky at all, just confused. She left, and said she was going over to Michael's (craft store) to see what they had. We wished her luck, and then fell over with laughter!
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

At least she wasn't looking for a model rocket for her son/grandson, thinking it would be safe to launch in the basement......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
    X