Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on location, law enforcement can override company policy.

However, I'd file a complaint with the sheriff's department anyway. Officers are supposed to be polite, but detached when dealing with the public. His attitude is unprofessional. If you have the badge, and you have the gun, then you're representing the department, on duty or not. Behaving that way while carrying a badge is exceedingly unprofessional. So while he may have been legally in the right, he shouldn't have behaved that way. In some departments (I don't know your local policy) he could get in trouble for that behavior, even if he didn't for keeping the gun.

Edit: Tried to make the post more position-neutral to avoid fratching.
    Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 12-04-2009, 01:31 AM.
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

I would have simply refused to perform the procedure and cancelled his appointment. If he needs the procedure then he will comply if not then either someone else can do the procedure or I'd request two armed security guards be present in the presence of an individual who possesses a firearm.

Off topic, Hyena Dandy - did you notice that Karl is in my avatar? I'm the guy right behind him.
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 12-04-2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
      "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

I'd say hospital would be one to call the shots. Not mr 'I got's me a big gun to replace my tiny penis' deputy.

same deal as the whole things for... stores and bitchy customers 'you HAVE to serve me!'

no.. no they don't store staff can refuse service and so can hospital tech's.

and I myself am an xray tech and (quite legally I might add) we're allowed to refuse to xray someone.

for a variety of reasons but 'feeling unsafe' (cop or not i dont want ANYONE coming around me with a gun. there's enough kinda crazy cops out there that I dont trust their judgement or sanity level at all times lol). would be a fairly good reason.

I've sent patients back to the ER for various reasons without getting their xrays done. Generally 'too intoxicated to cooperate or refusal to cooperate' is my standard reason.
        Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Working...
        X