This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger annoyance

I'm at this particular burger place once or twice a week, and I've been a late night regular there for a few years now. Sometimes the service is so so, sometimes it's great.

Tonight... I pulled up, it took almost 5 minutes before anyone even greeted me at the drive through. I know their script since friends have worked there, they just said "Can I help?"

I made my order... they didn't repeat it, just said "$5.xx". No pull ahead, no mention of which window to go to (they have 2 and it's pretty random when both are actually manned).

Get my order... get home. Oh look, the burger isn't right, at all. I go back, pull up to the drive through.. same guy gets on, but actually follows his script. I say "Uh yeah, I was here a few minutes ago and my order was messed up".

He says "Where is the burger now?" WTF?

I tell him right next to me.

"Do you uh, like want a slice of cheese for it?" I'm already pissed off, asking me if I like, want a slice of cheese for it pisses me off more.

"You need to like, come in and talk to the manager". It can't be fixed in the drive thru? "No, you need to speak to the manager". Like, fine.

The manager was decent when I talked to him inside... but handed me a bag and said "I just gave you some fresh fries, it'll be just a minute for the burger, sorry about that".

So I sit.. and sit.. and sit. I finally get up again when I've watched 5 orders come and go. And say "Hey man, I'm sorry, but it's been nearly 20 minutes and I've watched 5 orders go through, what's going on?". He looks at me like I'm retarded and says "I gave you the burger, it's under the fresh fries".

I'm like... ok, I'm an idiot, sorry... but he told me to wait for the burger originally, and kept looking at me while I was in front of the registers.

Also, while I'm waiting, one of the cooks loudly asks the drivethru guy if he's hungry, then points and looks right at me and says "That asshole just came back saying you screwed up his order, we have to remake it".

Way to piss off a regular guys, way to go. Oddly though, even though I've been going there for ages, I didn't see a single person that I recognized tonight. Even the manager's name on the receipt was different.

Yes, I've already emailed their corporate office, though the last time I dealt with them it took nearly 6 months to get a reply, so my hopes aren't high. Too bad they make an amazing burger.

And the manager had nothing to say about that comment??? I'd be finding an amazing burger elsewhere!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You're not eating at Burger World, are you?
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

It's not Whataburger is it? I was less than impressed with their service when I was driving cross country 8 years ago. I stayed in Texas for a week with a friend and she took me there. The service was...well, my friend was embarassed because of it. We actually got better service at the Dairy Queen when we wanted ice cream later that night.

Rally's draws a close second with me. Hubby loves his Bufords, so I'll suck it up for him. However, now that Five Guys has opened, he may have found his new favorite burger place.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          You're not eating at Burger World, are you?
          I first thought of B&B as well when I was reading the drive-thru guy's part of the story.

Sorry you ran into such a sucky staff that night, Bean.
          Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
            It's not Whataburger is it?
            DING DING DING! You are the WINNER! Of a #2 combo (double meat), plain, with cheese, mustard, grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, with a Dr Pepper. At least, that's what I always get.

I've been to a LOT of Whataburgers. The service I get from this particular one is generally good, they've had a couple of off days before, but nothing like this.

But... that night I didn't recognize ANYBODY in the store. Not even the manager.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
              Also, while I'm waiting, one of the cooks loudly asks the drivethru guy if he's hungry, then points and looks right at me and says "That asshole just came back saying you screwed up his order, we have to remake it".
              My reaction would probably have been 'And now this asshole wants the cooks name, the managers name, the manager, the regional managers name and the owners contact info.'

Thats just asking to lose your job there
              It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
              Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
              So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

my thought would be to say
                "EXCUSE ME? If you learned to make the order properly I wouldn't have to be an asshole."

or something like that

Comment

Working...
                X