This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't realize it until later

So, the parents bought me a Peanuts Christmas shirt for my birthday, and, when I tried it on, it was just a bit too tight, so I went to return it today. Mom gave me the receipt... and I noticed it was bought on a special Two for $12... returned the one shirt to customer service first, got a gift card because I hadn't looked around yet... found a Grinch shirt that I liked, so took it to check out.
    Waited in line briefly, got up to the register, handed over the shirt (and the tags that had come off when I tried the shirt on... hmm...)
    I looked over at the check out screen, and noticed my total was $7.85 or something, to which I went, "Wait a moment... I just returned a 2 for $12 shirt, in exchange for this one... I got a gift card for $6.50..."
    "You're only buying one shirt," says cashier.
    "A 2 for $12 shirt of which I just returned one to exchange... I have the receipts showing I did the return..."
    She rerings the shirt, and the total ends up at $6.97... "Wait... no, $6.50 with tax..."
    A manager came over and I reiterated my point to her, only to overhear the next customer in line mutter, "It's a dollar!"
    I refrained from responding to her, but I almost told her, "Yeah? A dollar I don't have on me. Shut it."
    The manager did manage to approve it for $6.00, so I got my return.

Went off, pissed, to the library, wandered there a while, found nothing... got in the car to go grab lunch, and realized I hadn't informed the cashier of the return before I tried to buy the shirt. Oh, crap, my fault...
    "I call murder on that!"

It's a dollar, so what? It's YOUR dollar. Had some socks miss-ring on Black Friday. All told, it was a buck fifty difference and a huge line stretched behind me. But I'd like to mention I also waited in that huge line and I insisted on a price adjustment. No worries, I was willing to wait.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"I almost told her, "If it's a dollar, you pay it."
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X