This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky family while shoe shopping

So last week I went to a mid-range department store to get new sneakers for the gym. The shoe department is pretty quiet... and then sucky family arrives.

Sucky Family consists of:

SM - sucky mother
    SD - sucky daughter, who is an adult and is really pregnant
    SH - sucky daughter's husband (who actually didn't say or do anything to me)

The descended on the shoe department like a really loud herd of elephants. Bleeting away at each other and barging around the aisles. I'm still in the ONE cross-trainer aisle evaluating shoes. SD is barging around with a cart up and down the aisles and then comes down my aisle. You can barely move with 2 people in an aisle, forget 2 people AND a cart. I was trying to find one last size and then I was going to go find a chair to try on the shoes. SD gets all exasperated that I am not bowing to her and moving out of the way - after all SHE has important shoe shopping to do. So she starts inching the cart closer and closer to me. Luckily I find my box and get out to find a chair.

I try on my shoes and walk around in them near my chair. As I try on my last pair and stand up, SM comes over and sits in the chair I had been using with all of my shoe boxes around it AND my purse next to it and she starts trying on shoes! There was no one else in the department!!! She could have gone to any chair but she chose the one I was using! And note, she CLEARLY saw me trying on shoes.

She wasn't moving for anything, so I take off the new shoes, put all of the shoes I had tried on away and went to go put them back. I'm still in the aisle contemplating trying a couple of other shoe styles when SM comes up to me and goes, "Find me a pair of running shoes in a size 9." No "please." No "can you help me?" Just demanding like that! So my brain is trying to explode now because as I mentioned, she CLEARLY saw me trying on shoes! Plus, I am wearing jeans and a sweater and have no visible name tag. So I turn to her and say, "I don't work here. I'm trying to buy shoes just like you are." This doesn't phase her a bit. She looks expectantly at me and goes, "You don't work here? Well, I need running shoes in size 9." So I tell her, "Good luck" and go find a different chair in a far corner and try on more shoes. As I leave I hear SD tell SM that I'm rude!!!! WTF!!!

Was it because I was polite enough to put my shoes away that I must be an employee?? Was it because I was the only other person there?? Was it just because they are demanding cows?? Probably the last one.

Thankfully they left by the time I finished trying on the second batch of shoes. Probably to complain about me to the manager, if I know the type.

You got it. You must work there because you actually cleaned up after yourself. Customers are all supposed to be destructive slobs.

Comment

YOu're rude?

Rude would be:
      "Why don't you take a flying f--- at a rolling donut"...

Not what you said.

Comment

i'm surprised you didn't say more to her

what a self-centered bitch

Comment

What a perfectly good waste of a rolling doughnut.
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
            It's a quote from Vonnegut....

Why don't you take a flying f--- at a rolling donut....better yet, why don't you go take a flying f--- at the Moooon....

As so it goes...

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
              I agree. Mmmm, donuts nom nom nom *hands a strawberry cake to Bloodsoul*
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

see...this kind of fun never happens to me. and i almost wish it did...i've been feeling extra feisty lately.
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X