This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the night santa went crazy?
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I don't mind alternative Christmas themed music. Heck, I'm listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra right now, and Weird Al is always good.

Unfortunately, if you've got a group caroling, it's going to be almost exclusively the stuff that irritates me. *shrug*

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Unfortunately, if you've got a group caroling, it's going to be almost exclusively the stuff that irritates me. *shrug*

^-.-^

Its no problem. Just scream obscenities at them like our friend in the original story.

Damn, I dont know why this whole thing struck me so funny. I'm a bad person.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

We also can't forget Billy Idol's "Happy Holiday" from 2006. Yes, Billy Idol singing regular Christmas songs in a regular way. Truly frightening. I would have expected something more along the lines of "Screaming at the Xmas Tree".

Quoth Magpie View Post
          -White Christmas as a reel (with a strong brogue to go with)
          I think I'd like that!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Being sick or in the hospital doesnt give you the right to be a raging arsehole.

And "I want a Hippopotamous for christmas" is MY favorite song EVARRR! Who wants to come serenade me with it?

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Have you tried them with "alternative" lyrics?
              And alternative music? I love O Little Town Of Bethlehem sung to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.

More Twisted Chrismas Songs. Scroll down of alphabetical listing.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I could understand the guys point of view too. I mean they did barge into his room, didn't they?

As for alternative Christmas Carols, how about "The restroom door said gentlemen"?

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                  . As I understood it, the carolers said hello and asked each patient if they'd like to hear a song first, and when one of the ladies poked her head in the door of Mr. Grumpy's treatment room to greet him and ask him if he'd like them to sing, he blasted off.
                  Quoth rageaholic View Post
                  I could understand the guys point of view too. I mean they did barge into his room, didn't they?
                  You and I have different definitions of "barged."
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

As my Grandma would tell me every time I would start on the sick = I can be mean bandwagon (I was young and stupid then) "Illness and pain is not reason to turn into a pile of steaming, smelly, attitude of a female dog, stool sample." (I was 8 and she was trying not to use bad words :P )

Trans-Siberian and Manheim Steamroller are my saviors for the holidays. I hate christmas music with a burning passion and will only allow it played approximately 2 days out of the year, other then that I don't want to hear it and if I hear it before Thanksgiving has passed I contemplate homicidal rages.

And people wonder why anytime I go near stores during the holidays I'm blaring "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" and screaming with Korn about beating the fat man with a stick.

I am a Scrooge only in this though. I still break out a tree (though I don't do any other fancy decorations), get presents, and hang out with the family. I'm even having a Christmas party this year, though our entertainments are Super Smash Brothers and some board game hubby dubs addictive. Arkaham Horror I think he said it was called.

Plus our little gifts to all is a brand new dice bag with kewl dice. We're not a bunch of gamers here no...
                    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

While I think the yelling is a bit much, I also think it is innapropriate for carolers to be going into the actual rooms. Even if the peak their head in and ask first it is still an invasion of privacy plus you don't really need groups of people wandering a hostpital making noise.

Comment

When I was in high school (I went to an "alternative" high school - private, tiny, and based in a Sikh religion, though not a religious school), our choir, made up mostly of students taking private voice lessons, took two afternoons before Christmas break to go caroling at local hospitals, nursing homes, and the Veteran's home/hospital. For the homes, we performed a single concert with our repertoire. At the hospitals, we'd do an abbreviated concert, then go caroling around the wards. Usually the children's ward, and if they had it, the palliative care ward. We never once were yelled at or told off, and our director was very careful to check with the nurses beforehand to know which patients to avoid or treat with kid gloves.

I miss caroling. That was always fun. What wasn't fun was trying to herd the third-graders who joined us for one of the concerts. I was their teacher's aide during my senior year (independent study when I thought I wanted to become an educator), and that automatically put me "in charge" of them. It's easier to herd cats than a bunch of sugared-up eight- and nine-year-olds.

Comment

That guy sucked. Nobody deserves to be talked to like that, especially if they're trying to do something nice for someone.
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
                            As my Grandma would tell me every time I would start on the sick = I can be mean bandwagon (I was young and stupid then) "Illness and pain is not reason to turn into a pile of steaming, smelly, attitude of a female dog, stool sample." (I was 8 and she was trying not to use bad words :P )
                            So she was telling you to not be a "sh!tty biatch"? LOL. Im trying to decipher what she was saying.

But grandmas are geniuses..and are right..all the time. I miss mine..

Comment

Well, just my 2 cents.

Anyone is perfectly entitled to despise Christmas Carols. I'm sure even the most devout Christian can get sick of them after the malls have been blaring them since early November.

Anyone is entitled to not enjoy caroling.

Anyone is entitled to have a bad day. Especially if you're hooked up to a machine that's sucking the blood out of your veins, running it through the vampire's equivalent of a water filter, then shoving it back in.

No one is entitled to suck.

Whether you think the Carolers are misguided or not, there was no malice in what they were doing. They were trying to help. Not wanting that help, or not feeling it IS help is fine. Telling them you don't want a carol, or even that the carols are bothering you is fine. Even complaining to the hospital management that you don't feel it is appropriate is fine, and well within your right.

Yelling and screaming and swearing at them?

That's suck.

Just my 2 cents.
                              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                                And "I want a Hippopotamous for christmas" is MY favorite song EVARRR! Who wants to come serenade me with it?
                                I will! I LOVE that one.

And for all you folks mentioning Twisted Christmas carols, I love you. I still need to get my hands on some of those songs. My favorite is still "Didn't I Get This Last Year?".
                                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                                -----
                                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                                X