This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazon!

i just got a package an hour or so ago for some dude named Justin.

i think he use to live here a long time ago cos when i looked him up online he use to go to the local university.

anyway i've already did the "have amazon call you" thing and they sent me an email with a return shipping label.

poor justin. hope he gets his over-night shipping fee back

Sounds like somebody needs to update their addresses on Amazon. Tsk tsk.

Semi related, my parents still occasionally get mail for me, despite the fact that I haven't lived at home for a little over seven years now. It's usually junk mail, though Discover once sent a real, valid credit card there waiting to be activated and everything. No, I hadn't asked for one. My dad shredded that one for me. And then there was the time my parents received a postcard addressed to me reminding me to take care of my younger sister's student loans.

Best mail I'd ever received thanks to a former resident of my apartment was a Kraft Food & Family magazine (which had "or current resident" on it), prompting me to sign up for two years of free recipe magazines. We got some rather yummy recipes out of the deal.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

At my last apartment I had a physiotherapy clinic that kept calling for a former resident. There was also a movie rental (we'll call them Cocklusters) that was looking for someone with overdue fees. Problem is that the street address they had with the number was completely different, and I think it was just one digit incorrect in their database. I had to call the store twice and then call their head office to get my number out of their database.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how my DH's ex-wife's mail got delivered to our home... when they've been divorced for 16 YEARS and she's never lived in this state.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I always get junk mail for my parents. They've never lived with me, they live on the other side of the country, and now that I'm married we don't even share a last name, yet I get a lot of their junk mail. How my address got connected to their names, I'm not entirely sure. I only know that AARP, among others, is wasting their postage and advertising budget.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

woo looks like i don't have to send it back now.
            someone just knocked at my door and introduced himself as justin
            so he now has the package =)

Comment

I JUST ordered from Amazon the other day, and for some reason it defaulted to my apt addy from 3 years ago. Not sure why, its not like I havent ordered since then. I almost sent my kids xmas toys to an office building. Lol.

Comment

Yeah, that can happen if you are not careful about what address your default is set at. Or if you hit the wrong button.

I have a lot of addresses in my Amazon account because I sent my out of town friends and family gifts that way. So I have to be vigilant.

Comment

There was a glitch in the Pizzahut.ca website for months where even though I deleted my old address, it would still send it along to the shop, and they'd get pissy with me when they got there and I wasn't there. Finally, when I caught on, I tried calling the shop right after I ordered (have to use a central order line, where they try and pressure you to get whatever, until the order's actually placed, then you can call the shop), but I was hung up on twice, put on hold-of-death another time, and then *finally* got through and made sure they had my right address, which they didn't even bother to repeat back, so they could have written it down incorrectly. I did complain at that point, and the callback I got informed me of the glitch and that it was finally fixed, too. Strangely, I've still not ordered from there since.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I live in my great-grandfather's house, and he still gets mail. And he died in 1992. I even got a Discover credit card in his name, which I promptly mailed back to Discover.
                    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I was ordering a collection; 3 pieces a month. When I moved, for some reason, the new address WOULD NOT work with their computer system. Of course the address worked for the billing system, but not the package. Then suddenly my previous address stopped working for them too, but again the bills still arrived just fine! I finally had to say stop sending me the stuff, and I never did complete the collection.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Twice in the last year I have received mail (credit card offers) at my Ex's address.

First we were seperated for a year and officially divorced 4 years ago (total of 5 years now) . in the first year she had two distinct addresses other than the one we shared when married. about 3 years ago she moved to a different town about 20 miles south of where I am.

second I have NEVER used any of her addresss in any way shape or form.

Yet some CC company somehow associated me with her latest address.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

i once ordered a dvd and didn't realize until afterwards that i had it sent to mom & dad's address instead of mine. which then explained why it never showed up here..

but when i went to visit them a lil while later i got my dvd =)

Comment

A few years ago I "received" a piece of mail at an address I had not lived at since our whole family moved in 1979. The current residents were on vacation and had left a neighbor in charge of picking up the mail. She recognized my name, and looked me up in the phone book.

A few months ago, I received a call on my cell phone from the Texas Attorney General's Office looking for DH's first wife. I am wife #3. I have NO idea how they got my cell number, as they made no attempt to contact DH or to call my house number.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

On a related note...when I moved into an apartment in '96 and got a phone, I used to get calls from a Sunday school, wanting to see the kids.

One problem. No kids. Eventually, I connected with the caller, said that I'd just gotten the phone #, didn't have any kids, but if they were doing anything involving St Francis of Assisi, I'd be happy to bring in my cats.
                              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X