This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first real sighting!

Yay! I finally have something to post that involves an SC being, well sucky.

It was at Kroger where I was buying lottery tickets. As I was filling out the slips, a manager was taking a customer complaint, and I just knew that she was dealing with an SC. My thoughts were comfirmed at the end of the call.

Characters.
    Me: (duh)
    Lottery Cashier: (over the desk)
    Awesome Manager (AM): (At least I assume it was the manager)
    SC: (Over the phone)

Basically, I'm only hearing bits and pieces of the convo, but the jist of it was that little miss SC had 30 items in a 15 or less lane. She was justifying it saying she was making it 2 seperate transactions, and that (other store across the street) let her do it.

Now the thing is, she did check out, but she didn't like the cashiers attitude (NOT the lottery cashier, some other one). Apparently, the cashier made her 'feel bad' about using 30 or so items in the express lane. So she was calling up the manager just to bitch about the cashier.

So the manager finished the call telling the lady that she'll handle it then once she hung up she sighed and rolled her eyes.

AM: So loud...
    Cashier: You mean the speaker?
    AM: No, she was screaming at me! She wanted to use the 15 or less checkout for 30 items. She checked out but didn't like the cashiers attitude. She says the other store lets her do it and was going on and on. (not exact quote, but close enough).

I just HAD to say something, so I said something to the effect of "It's 15 or less for a reason". I just hope that I didn't come across as I was defending the SC because I tend to come across different than I intend to sometimes, but I think she got the message.

So I may not win anything in the lotto tonight, but at least I got a sighting out of it.

People like that caller make me think the economy isn't bad enough yet. If that twit had more important things to worry about (like where her next paycheck or meal or bed were coming from tonight) she wouldn't have time to kvetch about feeling embarrassed because she got called out for breaking the rules of common courtesy.

People with real problems don't complain about this kind of crap.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I don't get it either. I've dealt with a few rude cashiers, but never raised much of a stink about it. I may have complained about them to friends and family, but that's about it. And these ones were actually rude.

Unless they are being a major league douche, I see any escalation as not worth my time.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        People like that caller make me think the economy isn't bad enough yet. If that twit had more important things to worry about (like where her next paycheck or meal or bed were coming from tonight) she wouldn't have time to kvetch about feeling embarrassed because she got called out for breaking the rules of common courtesy. People with real problems don't complain about this kind of crap.
        This, exactly, is why it irks me when people argue about a coupon or any other policy.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X