Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friends and I have eaten at IHOP after Ring of Honor wrestling shows in Manassas a couple of times. First time, we saw some of the wrestlers walk in after the show, but they left without staying to eat.

No complaints about the food, service was a little bad, but the food was perfectly acceptable. We were just hungry and looking for food and a place to sit and talk about the show, and some of the many ideas that they have about making internet videos.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My husband and I got in late (around 11pm) from a flight the other day and decided to hit our local IHOP before going home. Since it was so late, they only had 2 servers working. It took us about 5 minutes to get seated -- one server was running around trying to get everyone seated (there were about 4 parties, including my husband and I, who all came in at once) and get drinks to everyone. I didn't even see the other server till after we were seated. She was only serving 1 table, the other server was serving at least 3 or 4, including ours. He was very prompt and polite, though. The food was fine and came out fast. When we were done eating, the server brought us our check and asked if there was anything else we needed. We both asked for a mug of hot chocolate (yum) and when we were ready to pay, we asked the server if he needed to adjust the check for the hot chocolate. He said not to worry about it. It was a nice end to a long day of traveling.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
        IHOP blows. Plain and simple. There are several in my city. The service is hit or miss, but it seems be about 50% of the time that it sucks. The food is expensive and tastes like crap. I used to go there for one thing, their corncakes. I'd suffer the shitty service and lack of cleanliless for those tasty little things. Then one day I went in, Asked for the corncakes. The lady politely informed me that they no longer make the corncakes. I promptly put my menu down and left. I haven't been back since.
        I love IHOP. I am a recvent transplant to the Chicago Area from Atlanta and I actually like this one better than the one I went to all my life. I went in the other day, however and found out they are no longer serving Country DFriend steak. The ONLY thinkg I eat there and have ordered every time for at least a decade. Apparently there was a recall and unless they find another distributor, it will be gone forever. Combine that with the fact their Punpkin pancakes will be gone soon and you have a sad faced me. I tried the eggs benedict. Don't bother. The ham and cheese onlette was good though.

Oh and Hi all! I've been a lurker for a while and finally registered!

Comment

The service is also hit and miss at our local IHOP. I do love the stuffed French toast!

There is this one really awesome waiter, Rocky, who has been there for quite a while. About two winters ago, my wife was offered a temporary job by the local Salvation Army as coordinator for the bell ringers. She did that of an evening while I was working at the convenience store. So, on either Friday or Saturday evenings during this time, we started frequenting the local IHOP to have breakfast for late dinner. We got to know Rocky on a first name basis, and to this day we still chat if we run into each other. He's truly one of the best servers the local IHOP has ever had. He's even taken care of us when we were stuck with a less competent server. I wish I could say all of them were as good at their jobs as Rocky. We try to request him if we see he's working when we go to IHOP because we know he's good.

On the other hand, they've had some terrible servers. There was this one girl who worked there for a while, and she was absolutely useless in my opinion. At this time, I worked at the local K-Mart which was just down the road. One morning, I went in for breakfast after working all night. It was absolutely dead, and I got tired of waiting for her to come by for my drink order after 10 minutes. So, I just left in disgust because I was the only customer there at that time, and she was buzzing about as if I wasn't even there. Another morning, a K-Mart coworker and I decided to go for breakfast after work. We got the same girl, and I just groaned to myself but didn't say a word. My coworker ordered sweet tea, and I ordered coffee. She brought a coffee pot and two cups, and left. Coworker tried to flag her down several times, but she acted oblivious. Still remembering the last time when I walked out disgusted at this waitress, I finally got up and approached her when she was standing at a table rearranging things. Coworker finally got his sweet tea when the food came out. He left a note on his check on the tip line which said, "Work harder!" I left no tip, period. Yet another time, my wife and I went to dinner with some friends. We got this girl again. She got one of my friends' orders completely wrong. He sent it back. She brought it out again, and it was still wrong. He went off on her after the second time. That time I did end up telling a manager about my experiences with this girl. I've not seen her since. I wish I was making it up, but this girl was beyond imcompetent.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
          X