X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post
    You weren't being sucky.

It does always amaze me though when customers don't want the extra. Like at Subway. We have those 8-6" meals for $5.00. So if a customer is getting say a 6" tuna and a drink, it is actually less money to add the side and make it the $5 meal. There are quite a few customers that say no, they just want the sandwich and drink. So, they end of paying more and getting less, go figure.
    I understand it. I'd get a better value at the place I get lunch if I got a small value meal, but I don't need the calories, so I get the smaller than small soda and side, even though I pay a bit more.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post
      It does always amaze me though when customers don't want the extra.
      There have been times when I passed up getting the extra item on a B1G1F deal because I would just being throwing the extra one out. I hate to be wasteful like that.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The cashier really should have mentioned the cheaper gum packs instead of assuming you wanted it. It's the logical move. As a cashier who once worked in a place that practically required me to upsell, I would ask and offer. If the customer wanted more expensive item, then...meh, not my money.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Hubby had a similar situation happen two days ago. Girl would NOT stop pestering him about using his store loyalty card to get the discount on his purchase. He didn't have the card on him (it was on his keys with me in the car) and we were in a hurry so he didn't want to run out to the car to get it. According to him, the scene went something like this:

Cashier: Those lunchables are two for one today with your <Store Loyalty Card>.
          Hubs: That's fine. I just want to pay and leave.
          Cashier: If you give me your <Store Loyalty Card> I can take the discount off for you.
          Hubs: No, thank you. I'm in a hurry.
          Cashier: Do you have a <Store Loyalty Card>? If so, I can look your information up with your phone number....
          Hubs: NO, thank you. I don't want to. I'm in a hurry. What's the total?
          Cashier: It'll just take a moment....
          Hubs: I said I don't want the fucking discount! I want to pay for my purchase and go! You're making me late to pick up my children!
          {Now it takes a LOT to get my husband to swear in public... seriously. He puts up with me on a regular basis and keeps his cool... the man should be nominated for sainthood.}
          Cashier: {apparently the densest twit on the planet} It really wouldn't take that long....

At that point my husband grabbed the bag and went to the self checkout (which he hates using). If we hadn't been in such a very real hurry to pick up our kids I'm sure he would have stayed to let the manager know what a twit this woman was.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
            Is it really that big of a deal if you get a free pack of gum? Whats wrong with saving it for another time or just giving it away? I think its silly to not buy what you want just because somebody tried to give you something for free.
            The way I read it, I didn't get that there was a free pack of gum involved -- I read it more as the 3-pack was a cheaper price per pack of gum, as in a single pack costs $0.75, the 2-pack costs $1.20, and the 3- pack costs $1.50. kwim?

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
              The way I read it, I didn't get that there was a free pack of gum involved -- I read it more as the 3-pack was a cheaper price per pack of gum, as in a single pack costs $0.75, the 2-pack costs $1.20, and the 3- pack costs $1.50. kwim?
              No, how I read it it was cheaper to buy the three-pack instead of two separate packs. Thus 3-pack would be $1.50, singles $0.80 each, or something. If it had actually been more expensive to get the 3-pack total than 2 packs, I can't see a cashier pushing that at all.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

We also don't know if the OP wanted two different flavors. The three-packs are typically one flavor only.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  We also don't know if the OP wanted two different flavors. The three-packs are typically one flavor only.
                  Was the 3-pack even the brand of gum?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    Hubby had a similar situation happen two days ago. Girl would NOT stop pestering him about using his store loyalty card to get the discount on his purchase. He didn't have the card on him (it was on his keys with me in the car) and we were in a hurry so he didn't want to run out to the car to get it. According to him, the scene went something like this:

Cashier: Those lunchables are two for one today with your <Store Loyalty Card>.
                    Hubs: That's fine. I just want to pay and leave.
                    Cashier: If you give me your <Store Loyalty Card> I can take the discount off for you.
                    Hubs: No, thank you. I'm in a hurry.
                    Cashier: Do you have a <Store Loyalty Card>? If so, I can look your information up with your phone number....
                    Hubs: NO, thank you. I don't want to. I'm in a hurry. What's the total?
                    Cashier: It'll just take a moment....
                    Hubs: I said I don't want the fucking discount! I want to pay for my purchase and go! You're making me late to pick up my children!
                    {Now it takes a LOT to get my husband to swear in public... seriously. He puts up with me on a regular basis and keeps his cool... the man should be nominated for sainthood.}
                    Cashier: {apparently the densest twit on the planet} It really wouldn't take that long....

At that point my husband grabbed the bag and went to the self checkout (which he hates using). If we hadn't been in such a very real hurry to pick up our kids I'm sure he would have stayed to let the manager know what a twit this woman was.
                    God that would PISS ME OFF!! It has happened before, but luckly I wasn't in a hurry. It's not just customers who need to know when to take the word "NO" as an acceptable answer.

I always forget to bring those cards anyway so the whole thing is just a waste of time for me when I do sign up for them.

And what I got from the OP, is that the 3 pack gum would have been cheaper per pack, but more expensive as a whole. It would make no sense to have 2 packs of gum be more expensive than 3. It's common sense.
                    Last edited by rageaholic; 12-17-2009, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
                      And what I got from the OP, is that the 3 pack gum would have been cheaper per pack, but more expensive as a whole. It would make no sense to have 2 packs of gum be more expensive than 3. It's common sense.
                      Are you kidding? We get them all the time to sell. 1 pack of gum, 1.29. Two packs, 2.58. Our three pack deal? 2.49.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Want a truly ridiculous one? A specific utility knife we have is $8.48 each. But you can buy a 3-pack for $9.99.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

i agree you did nothing wrong.
                          No means No

I can see a cashier saying, "do you know you can get *this item* cheaper?"
                          but i you say "no" then they have no right to overrule you

Comment

It's common sense.
                            HAH!

And again I say HAH!

Common sense? No. It's marketing. Common sense has absolutely shit-all to do with it.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              HAH!

And again I say HAH!

Common sense? No. It's marketing. Common sense has absolutely shit-all to do with it.
                              I forgot, common sense doesn't apply when marketing.

Now that I think about it, perhaps it's a way to get people to think they're getting a good deal? If they see the 2 pack priced higher than the 3 pack, they will be more inclined to get the 3 pack. Of course, this also means wasting the 2 packs, which is pretty stupid.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                                If we we have a B1G1 free, or some deal, I always tell the customer. Normally they are quite happy to get it. But there have been times they didn't want it, and I never ever pushed. Once is good enough to make good customer relationships, Twice is quite rude.
                                Seconded. If someone says they're not interested, I don't push.
                                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X