Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know i'm reminded of a line i heard a lot in the navy... sometimes it really comes in handy too.

"What part of 'NO' don't you understand?"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      you know i'm reminded of a line i heard a lot in the navy... sometimes it really comes in handy too.

I've said that before. Not to any cashiers, mind you, but to family.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        SIR! The first two letters, SIR!
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          ?

Because really, if she insisted on the 3-pack, or wouldn't leave the idea alone, she's sucky. If she asked you twice, ("Hey, this is a deal, you want this?" "No? Are you sure?), you'd be sucky.
          Gotta disagree with this.

Any time they ask me after my first "No," there's a problem. No means no.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

As a clerk, I just save myself the trouble, and don't bother mentioning it. I figure they got what they wanted. Ring it up, let the customers be on their way, and I'll get on with the rest of my day. I honestly could care less about how little or how much they spend. It's all just a bunch of merchandise with bar codes as far as I'm concerned.

As a customer, I'm usually what my wife calls the search-and-destroy shopper. I only go to the store when I'm on a mission for something specific. I hunt for what I want, pay for my stuff, and it's a done deal. Only if I'm bored and have nothing better to do will I browse.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
              As a customer, I'm usually what my wife calls the search-and-destroy shopper.
              Apart from the marriage bit, that's me to a T. I once went into a shop and selected the hat I wanted within thirty seconds. I was out within a minute.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
                I forgot, common sense doesn't apply when marketing.
                The Hubster never spent much time in retail, lucky stiff. For an extremely intelligent guy, he often forgets that logic isn't often used in retail, and he had a panty fit last week when the TV we bought the week before went on sale and I had to go into the store with my card to get the difference refunded. He didn't understand why they couldn't just do it over the phone, and I told him it was corporate policy.

He didn't get it and started into one of his rants about irrationality and how none of this made sense. I just stared at him for a minute, then gently informed him that logic and sense had absolutely NOTHING to do with corporate policy. Poor guy has been muttering to himself ever since. Not even having a new TV for the first time in 12 years has been enough to completely distract him.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  Any time they ask me after my first "No," there's a problem. No means no.
                  Alas, as much as I agree with you, we've seen from posts on this site that upper management will penalize a lowly worker who doesn't harrass help the customer by making a minimum of three offers for whatever the hell they've got a bug up their butts about that month.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post
                    We have those 8-6" meals for $5.00. So if a customer is getting say a 6" tuna and a drink, it is actually less money to add the side and make it the $5 meal. There are quite a few customers that say no, they just want the sandwich and drink. So, they end of paying more and getting less, go figure.
                    I'd probably be one of those customers. The medication I'm on dropped my appetite right down, so I often struggle to finish a 6". I would never be able to eat the side, so it would eventually be thrown away. Since I have ethical objections to throwing away food (even junk food) needlessly, I stick to paying the few pence extra.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X