This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost...

Standing in line the other day, I heard the distinctive sound of change hitting the floor behind me. I turn around and see a lady trying to pick up a few coins that had fallen out of her pocket. Seeing a dime under the end of the cart near me, I leaned down to pick it up. I happened to look up as I bent down and saw her face go from calm to cat-butt as she sees me reaching for the dime. With a smile I picked it up and handed it back to her.

Me: You thought I was going to keep it, didn't you? {says I in a friendly way}

For just a moment she stares at the dime with that sour look and I'm wondering if I'm about to get chewed out. Suddenly, her face clears and she grins at me.

Lady: Yeah {says she sheepishly} That would have been pretty stupid over a dime, wouldn't it?

We both chuckle and move on our merry way. Happy Holidays!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

You're lucky she was one of the nice ones, once I got yelled at over a f**king penny.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

I dropped a bunch of change the other day at the checkout. A woman was sitting near the exit with her young child, and the child ran out and started picking up and handing me my change. I couldn't believe it, someone who raised their kid well!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

LOL! My kids do the same thing. After the first time someone yelled at them, thinking they were going to steal the money, they learned to say "Let me help you pick those up!"

Sad part is that I've seen kids come running when someone drops change, like they think someone's throwing candy off a float at a parade.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          LOL! My kids do the same thing. After the first time someone yelled at them, thinking they were going to steal the money, they learned to say "Let me help you pick those up!"
          I'll have to remember to add that part to the child-training. I want my children to be helpful, and the last thing I need is someone screaming at them just because other children would take the money and run.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X