This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Cookies!

This didn't happen to me but it did to my mother this fine holiday season.

Mom was in her local Wal Mart looking for a Christmas gift from my elderly great aunt. This store had a large stacked display on an end cap of over a hundred different ceramic cookie jars. The jars were all holiday themed, Santa, Frosty, Rudolph, etc, you get the picture. When Mom walked up there was a sweet faced stooped elderly lady just standing in front of it looking at the jars. When my mother went to pick up one of the many identical jars the lady leapt into action by scowling at my momma (another little old lady) and barking, "Put that jar down! That's MY jar!" She started demanding my mother leave the display until she'd chosen exactly which one of the many identical jars she would be buying.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Please tell me your mom DID NOT LEAVE!!

Comment

Sadly she did and then she called me up to rant and fume. I told her I would have gone out of my way to touch each and every jar on the display in front of the elderly crankenzoid. She's nice like that.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Wow, mom's probably lucky she didn't lose a finger!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I think I would have put that jar in my cart just out of spite, then continued looking at the jars until the old hag left. I might even have put one or a few of every kind of jar in my cart while looking just to be a smartass about it. I wouldn't say a word, but you can bet every dirty look she threw my way would have been met with a triumphant and snarky grin.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

That lady was a few cookies short of a bag.

Although I do suspect some OCD...but still...absolutely odd.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would have loaded up my cart with as many of the jars as possible just to watch the hag's brain melt.

I guess I'm just spiteful like that.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                I would have loaded up my cart with as many of the jars as possible just to watch the hag's brain melt.

I guess I'm just spiteful like that.
                This sums it up for me.

Comment

Working...
                X