This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job, Dad.

Thankfully, I rarely have anything to post here anymore, but this guy...Well, let me tell the story.

I was sitting in the food court of the NEX, waiting for my husband to finish up in the restroom, when I saw this little toddler come out of the movie theater (which is adjacent to the food court). Adorable little boy.

Behind him came his Old Enough To Know Better father.

As they were walking, the dad decided to play with the kid, I guess? He brought his foot up between the kid's legs and kicked him upward, like he was going to bounce him. While the kid was walking, mind you.

The kid, of course, fell forward and damn near cracked his skull on the concrete floor. Did Wonder Dad pick him up? Hell no. He looked around to see who was looking (and saw me, looking at him like he was insane), then told the kid (who was, by now, sitting up on his knees, crying and holding one arm), "Get up. You're not hurt."

Did I mention this was a toddler? And that he was crying and obviously hurt? He made the kid get up and walk out of the food court on his own.

I swear to god, I went home and found out the number for child services on the base. I felt so effing helpless, not knowing what to do or who to call.

I can't believe what I saw. I'm still...astounded? Horrified? I dunno.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Bravo for calling CPS on this douchebag. There's been instances when I was a little suspicious, but didn't see any outright abuse, unlike this clown. Hopefully, the kid will be taken away from this asshat father.

Comment

What the H*** did that 'father' think he was doing!? I can't imagine kicking your kid in any way. I hope he does get reported.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
        Bravo for calling CPS on this douchebag. There's been instances when I was a little suspicious, but didn't see any outright abuse, unlike this clown. Hopefully, the kid will be taken away from this asshat father.
        Much as I'd like to say I called them, I didn't. I couldn't call them up with no information other than what I saw. Too much time had passed (I live an hour from the base), and I didn't have a name or description to give them.

However, I now have the phone number in my cell in case I see something like this again.
        "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Working...
        X