This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many gamestore get this?

My hubby and I are finishing up our christmas shopping today, while grandpa has the little one for the weekend.

Well, we walk into a Gamestop and pick out 3 movies for 20 and a used PS2 game. The guy in front of us in line is grilling the girl behind the counter. Asking for a special managers discount if she gets a question wrong. The thing is he was really condinsending. Almost like he was thinking. "WHAT! A girl working in a game store! No way she can answer this."

So the only question I heard what was, "What was the number three game system this year?" Or something close to that. She quickly rattles off an answer.

Now my thoughts is this guy is totally wasting her time and everyone elses. He didn't even buy anything in the end!
    http://leae.livejournal.com/

Of course he didn't, she knew the answer and therefore he couldn't get his discount!

Comment

Not an uncommon statement on his part. Heck, I rib a girl I know who works at a video game store. To be honest, you don't really see that many girl gamers, which seems to prompt this type of reaction.
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

I like the women working in The GameStop I go too. Once I got a discount, just for standin up for the cashier. The guy ahead of me berating her over and over again. Then I finally had enough, after 2 minutes of this. I got in his face about it. The guy was taller and bigger then me, and he backed down, and took of running.

With me, don't let me catch any man, disrespecting a lady.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

At an EB Games I visit, I found a copy of Devil May Cry on the shelf, used and went up to pay for it. Not only was the lady polite, she knew her stuff too. We started talking about a variety of games. As opposed to her co-worker, who knew jack all about the games and was almost asleep.

One of my floor managers poked fun at my ops manager, basically saying she knew nothing about games and wouldn't be a threat. Last I heard, he was being dragged behind a semi to Calgary. (j/k, but when I told what he said to her, the look in her eyes basically spelled that out)

I never let age or gender stand in the way. If you know your stuff, then it's a moot point.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hee hee, that's like when I was a kid and hung out with my four years older brother and his friends. Me and my brother played video games together constantly so I got pretty good, although he usually had the upper hand on me, but against his friends? Ha.

My mom would come in the living room and find 11-year-old Mysty sitting in the floor with one controller and some unfortunate 15-year-old boy with the other, and the conversation would go as follows:

Mom: "Mysty, why don't you come back to my room and leave them alone a while?"
            Boys: "No, we want her to stay! She can't leave until one of us beats her!"

God, I miss those days.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Hey... I'm a girl gamer. There are more of us than you think

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                ...and I appreciate you all more than you can know.

Seriously, I would rather hear a female voice on the other end of my headset than the 8-year old whose character is "f33lfr332sp00z" or the guy going by "luvthabudd" who is AFK at odd moments. The ladies are more consistantly good teammates.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

heh me and my ex made a nice pair in world of warcraft......for u wow nerds out there for a bit she was a MT in MC. thats girl powa! (this was before AQ opened up so still a hard dungeon)

gad imma nerd
                  Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                    I'm a girl gamer also.
                    Anybody wanna send me an XBOX replacement for Christmas? (j/k)
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      I'm a girl gamer also.
                      Anybody wanna send me an XBOX replacement for Christmas? (j/k)
                      :: snicker:: Nope! I like mine where it is: filled with DOA3 and set to Brad Wong/Ayane burnination combo!
                      "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Another girl gamer here - we're strategically scattered in readyness for a pincer movement shhhh....
                        "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                        "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                        Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

*raises hand* i'm also a girl gamer; been one since the release of pong...
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

*whimpers weakly* Um. I'm a gaming guy.... if that matters... *runs and hides behind his PS2*
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

For those of you who like gaming girls: NSFW!

http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/PS3-Babes-20061130

http://www.totallynerdcore.com/

I like games too, but I haven't had much time to play...I haven't touched Enchanted Arms for months now

Comment

Working...
                              X