This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah, how sexist of him.
    Girl gamers may be few and far between, but one working at a game store most of the time knows as much as any guy. Trust me, I am one.

Comment

There are a lot fewer girl gamers than guy ones, and you can be pretty sure a girl knows her stuff if she admits to being one. And working at a game store is usually an admition of geekdom Unless she just works there for the discount for her boyfriend? I guess that could happen. I'm pretty lucky though, I work with books but still get an employee discount at a game store chain. (We own them. W00t!)
      Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
      Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Comment

The EB near here is a joke now. >< It use to be cool a few years back. All the employees were gamer geeks and they actually got to know the regulars. Plus they had tons of games and neat stuff.

Now their selection is *awful*, you can't find anything there if it's not for the PS2. Its also staffed by mainly by women now, oddly. But not gamergirls, just females who I guess were hired just to say "Hey we have women!" or something. They know utterly nothing about games and always have this glazed over "Ew, nerds!" look on their face.

Comment

Quoth stormtreader View Post
          Another girl gamer here - we're strategically scattered in readyness for a pincer movement shhhh....
          Then consider me a happy prisoner of war.

(Get your mind out of the gutter. I'd rather play a game with a girl gamer than a teenage boy who swears every third word just to make himself sound cool.)
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Another girl gamer here, checking in. Actually met my husband online in Asheron's Call. Yes, we are total geeks.

Comment

Girl gamer, girl programmer, major geek.

Currently playing Dwarf Fortress (qualifies as both a 'roguelike' and a building sim) on one machine, MUSHing and web-browsing simultaneously on my laptop.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X