This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blockbuster Zoo

I was walking to work and decided to pop into Blockbuster to see if there were any offers or new movies. As I approached the store, I noticed a family of four standing outside. I walked up to the opening times, and saw that the store did not open for another fifteen minutes. Oh well, I thought, and I kept walking. I didn't have time to wait.

The family of four literally had their ENTIRE faces pressed against the glass. I am serious. Mother, father, and two children under ten, faces pressed against the glass as if they were looking at something really interesting at the zoo. They were speaking to each other, but their voices were extremelly muffled due to how close they were to the window.

Daughter: Daddy! There's someone in there! They must be open!
    Father: I know, I don't know why he is ignoring us.
    Mother: Well this just isn't on! *bangs on window* Hellllooooooo!

All four of them started slapping their hands against the window.

Mother: We can see yoooooou! Don't try to hide!
    Son: There he is! I can see him too!

I could still hear their muffled voices as I walked down the road.

I wondered what the employee inside must have thought.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 01-03-2010, 10:33 PM.

He (the employee) probably got a good laugh at the persistent customers.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

The SC's breed. Some poor sales clerk is gonna be posting a story on here ten years from now - about those kids when they turn out to be EW's too.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Ah yeah, i love those. We get them where i work. At a fast food place. That opens at 10:30. Some of them come at 10. I can see some people eating the food we serve at 11:30, 12 PM, But 10 in the morning? I still call that breakfast territory.

Comment

We went back to our regular hours of opening at 11am on Sunday last week and a lady called to complain that it was bad customer service to open so late because she had a return she needed to do

There were associates in the store getting ready for inventory and since she could see them she figured we should let her in.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

I wondered what the employee inside must have thought.

As a former BBV employee, I can tell exactly what he was thinking.

"Open at X means open at X, numbnuts."
            "Who in their right mind would commision a Sistine Chapel-style ceiling of pooping catgirls?"

"I dunno. Atheists, probably."

Comment

Quoth Krivak View Post
              But 10 in the morning? I still call that breakfast territory.
              Some people don't like breakfast food.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Those of us who start work at 6:30AM consider 10AM a great time to have lunch (plus you miss the early breakfast and the lunch crowds!).

As for the nose-plastered on the window people, imagine how disgusting that is plus it happens all over retail.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We have people who do that at my work all the time. I usually don't open but when I do I get the pleasure of seeing someone's face smashed against our door. And when they see me looking in their general direction they knock on the door. I have no issue with making them wait but I'm sometimes told to just let them inside. -_-

Comment

ah...*puts on animal-planet style voice* We now come to the rare, exotic breed, known as the Blockbuster Video worker.

Dressed abundantly in blue and yellow, the colours are immediately distinguishable to all the predators on the street. These predators believe that the employees are simply waiting for them to open up and choose to gawk at them in a zombie-like fashion.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      "We stopped serving breakfast."

"I know you stopped serving breakfast, Rick. Sheila had told me you stopped serving breakfast. Why am I calling you by your first names, I don't even know who you are. I still call my boss Mister and I've worked for him for seven and a half years but I walk in here, all of sudden, a total stranger I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of A.A. meeting..."

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                        Why am I calling you by your first names, I don't even know who you are. I still call my boss Mister and I've worked for him for seven and a half years but I walk in here, all of sudden, a total stranger I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of A.A. meeting..."
                        You know, I like that movie, even though the guy's a bit of a dick.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                          "We stopped serving breakfast."

"I know you stopped serving breakfast, Rick. Sheila had told me you stopped serving breakfast. Why am I calling you by your first names, I don't even know who you are. I still call my boss Mister and I've worked for him for seven and a half years but I walk in here, all of sudden, a total stranger I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of A.A. meeting..."
                          One of my favorite movies.....

For some reason, the manager in that scene reminds me of just about every McDonald's manager I've run into.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                            Those of us who start work at 6:30AM consider 10AM a great time to have lunch (plus you miss the early breakfast and the lunch crowds!).

As for the nose-plastered on the window people, imagine how disgusting that is plus it happens all over retail.
                            Ah well, maybe its me. I wake up, earliest, at 9:30. I've thought about it too, and some of the people who come in i KNOW work early, cause we get a few construction workers and such. Still though, its weird for me, cause i kinda like breakfast food, depending.

Comment

Heh, I'm in my store at 6am at least once a week as the opening manager. Without fail, I have people calling at 6:15 wondering why we're not open yet. We open at 9. There's always at least 2 people waiting by the front door. I've had people knock on the door at 8. I smile and wave then I ignore them.

And I can't stand breakfast food. Since my usual shift is 4ish to midnight-ish, I usually get up in time to miss all the breakfast food.
                              "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X