This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shitty Parenting (Gross)

My nana's estate settled, and my mom wanted to spoil my brother and I (since it's been a long time since any of us have been ahead money-wise) and we'd do seperate shopping trips.

Mom and I ate at Fridays, the chicken ended up not sitting too well with us, but we were dealing with it. Not the first time my body didn't like food.

We walked into Victoria's Secret (the actual lingerie part, not the beauty or Pink part) and right by the entrance, it smelled like fart.

I sniff sniffed, made a comment, and my mom gave me a Look. I suggested we get away from it, it smelled absolutely gross.

We walked a little further into the store, and it still smelled!

Stupidly, we continued on until we got by the back wall and then and there was where it smelle the absolute worst. Like, this didn't smell like any old fart or poop, this was like sewage, maybe worse!

Then go figure....right by the furthest back wall are two younger couples and a few little rugrats.....no wonder it smelled so awful, one of those kids had to have shit their pants. Several minutes ago, because the smell was lingering ALL over the store!

What were the parents doing? Talking, doing nothing about the horrid smell. A grop of teenage girls walked past my mom and I and both of them looked like they were going to gag.

"Ew, what is that SMELL? This whole store just wreeks!" one of them commented loudly. I made eye contact with her and bobbed my head towards the lovely parents and the rugrats.

No wonder, no wonder. I don't have kids and aren't around them very often...but I do remember very well that little kids DO shit their pants when potty training at times and it really, really stinks, any kid can have an accident, especially if their parents are ignoring them!

Unfortunately, that smell made me feel ill. Just so sick. I'm still sitting here trying to feel better so I can do something later with my boyfriend and friends. I mean, it literally made me nauseated. I am not squeamish and I poop and smell my own poop....it doesn't smell like roses....but I just wish everyone could understand....this smell was just fucking awful, worse than raw sewage on a 90 degree August day.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Ugh. That's gross! I wonder if the the employees at least had some Febreze or something to take the smell outta the store on hand. Besides that,people like the "Parents of the Year" SC's are the scourge of the world.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This forum has taught me a few things about child raising. Today I learned to bring extra clothing with you when you have kids. That's pretty gross though. I would've been a bit embarassed if I were any of the parents.

Comment

Ugh. My daughter's had some real nasty ones, but that's why I make sure to bring the diaper bag so I can change it ASAP.

Quoth Sunsetsky View Post
        Today I learned to bring extra clothing with you when you have kids.
        Crucial parenting lesson. Rest assured, if you forget the spare outfit, your kid's diaper will blow out.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          Crucial parenting lesson. Rest assured, if you forget the spare outfit, your kid's diaper will blow out.
          Yes, yes, yes! Murphy's Law applies to babies, too. And it doesn't have to be a fancy outfit, babies aren't fashion plates, a onesie or sleeper will do fine for a spare outfit. But yeah, guaranteed, the one time you forget the diaper bag or spare outfit, your kid will go Mount Vesuvius all over the place.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've heard: boys go for distance, girls go for area.

Comment

Two spare sets of clothing. One set in the diaper bag, one in the car. Even when they're older, one in the car is a good rule.

And if you are/care for a disabled adult, always carry a scarf. Makes a great bib when eating without looking *too* much like one, and covers a multitude of clumsiness stains.

In a clothing emergency, your local thrift store is a GREAT resource. I've used it for those things twice. Fortunately for my embarassment, both times were severe tears, not .. ahem .. other issues. But it's a great idea to always know where your local thrift stores/charity shops are!
              Last edited by Seshat; 01-14-2010, 12:28 PM.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Actually, it's a good idea to keep emergency clothing in the car for yourself, too.

You never know when you're going to spill a cup of $beverage all over yourself.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At this time of year, spare clothes *and* a blanket or three in the car are good ideas. And a camping stove plus soup/coffee-making equipment.

Why spare clothes? If you get very wet while digging yourself out of anything, you will want to get the wet clothes off so that your car heater is heating you, rather than the water your clothes have picked up. There's a chance they might fit some random soul you pull out of a drift, too.

Comment

Hopefully the parents got a stern talking to.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      Rest assured, if you forget the spare outfit, your kid's diaper will blow out.
                      Not even just a diaper accident. Took the girls to McDonalds after school the other day and didn't bring a change of anything. What happened? One spilled milk all over her and her sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X