This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing Down Suck

A major supermarket in my town is closing down for good in a couple of weeks time, as the company is making cut backs. The shop has been having a massive closing down sale over the past week, and everything is dirt cheap. I decided to pop in and see if there were any good offers. I was pleased to see there was some alcohol quite cheap and made my way to the register. Ahead of me in the line was the crankiest old bitch in the world. She was bitching at the cashier.

SC: Well, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that this place is closing down! Really awful!
    C: I know ma'am...
    SC: This is a small town! This is pretty much the only place I can shop! And it's closing down!
    C: I know...
    SC: I am on a fixed income! I can't afford to travel everywhere for my shopping! And I can't be expected to carry all my shopping on the bus!
    C: I'm sorry to hear that...
    SC: So WHERE am I supposed to shop?
    C: I know...
    SC: No, I am actually asking...where am I supposed to shop, seeing as YOU'RE closing down!

She spoke in a tone as if she was blaming the cashier for the store closing.

C: I don't know...several companies do home delivery...
    SC: I don't want that! They always mess it up! What am I supposed to do?
    C: Ma'am, to be blunt, I don't know, it is not my concern. This place is the only source of income I have, and I am losing my job in a weeks time...
    SC: Oh, so it's all about YOU is it?

She paid for her shopping and stormed off.

Self-absorbed cow!

Seriously, where to buy groceries is so much less important than where to find a job. I'm disabled, but if I hear someone talking about needing a new job, I let them know where I've seen help wanted signs.

In a cool aside, I actually had a cashier at a grocery store stop me the next time I came in and thank me for letting her know about a sign I had seen. She was being let go from the grocer due to cutbacks (which was the story I heard her telling another cashier) and had gone and gotten hired at the other store the day I told her about it.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Whereas before, it was all about her. Hypocrite.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I sympathize with any retail workers when their store is closing down. I never appreciated how horrible people could be until I worked Media Play during those last couple months. Not only were customers rude, greedy and dirty (the bathrooms ~shudder~), but a number joked about how we were losing our jobs.

There were decent customers as well, but they're sadly not the ones you remember. That woman was a jerk.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

If I was the casheer, I totally would have gone off on the bitch and let her hear it. What would the store do? Fire me?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I was in one of the Borders stores before Christmas. They were closing down, and everything was reduced, but they hadn't yet set an actual closing date. There were signs up to this effect - including some quite detailed small print about being in administation.

While I was queueing up to buy a handful of mysteries I heard a customer having a go at one of the cashiers. SC kept asking when the last day was, and the cashier kept saying she didn't know. The SC was saying, well all those SC things, it was stupid, she couldn't not know, ridiculous, blah blah blah.

The SC just wanted to hold out for last minute bargains, the cashier didn't know what day she was losing her job !

Off topic - do you know that if you rush up to someone and say "Borders are closing!" they panic and think there's an international incident of some kind I terrified one of my supervisors by doing this.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

Off topic - do you know that if you rush up to someone and say "Borders are closing!" they panic and think there's an international incident of some kind I terrified one of my supervisors by doing this.

Victoria J
              I wish I had known that before the Borders here closed.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                If I was the casheer, I totally would have gone off on the bitch and let her hear it. What would the store do? Fire me?
                I was thinking the exact same thing.
                If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Yeah, and I think that "fixed income" bullshit alone would have been enough to set me off. "No income" is even worse than "fixed income."
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

"So It's all about you now?"

The appropriate response is..."You bet it and I think you have past your own experation date...."

I've rode out 3 bussiness closings and the best thing about it was the chance to say what I wanted to customers with no repercussions other than what the customer thought they could hand out....

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Yeah, and I think that "fixed income" bullshit alone would have been enough to set me off. "No income" is even worse than "fixed income."
                      Yeah. Better a fixed income than no income, you self-centered c-...ow.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X