This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Never Listen

It was around one in the morning, I was kind of bored just counting the money in my drawer when I see that the ticket redeption machine is being worked on by slots. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Soon enough an old man stands RIGHT beside the slots tech and the security officer.

"Sir, you'll need to go to the cage to cash that out. This machine is out of money at the moment." One of the security officers told the old man.

I expected the old man to come to my window. Never happened.

Soon the slot tech and the officer went off to fetch more money when, guess who! The old man goes up to the still not-working machine and puts in his ticket.

Much to his surprise, NO money came out. He starts to freak out and runs over to the security podeum and screams about how the machine wouldn't give him any money.

The security officer (who can't leave his post) told him nicely that someone will be right back there to help him.

The old man I guess ignored the officer and ran back to the machine with a look of pure panic. Kind of like this:

I was just watching him. He soon starting yelling at my co-worker and I to do something (Yeah, because I can just run my happy a$$ out there from behind this cage, learn a whole new department and magically fix everything)

I told my co-worker what happened. She calmly told him that they're on their way.

Finally a slots woman came up and began to help him.

Why didn't he listen when he was told that the machine was out?? DUH.

What was said was something he obviously didn't want to hear.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now if something is not working, I truly understand. I am not going to moan and groan about it. Unless it something of mine that is broke
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Remember, these people are gambling, which indicates a certain level of stupidity.

Okay, okay, nearly everyone gambles, even me, but I do it for fun. I figure any money I lose is the cost of the fun. If I'm not having fun or I lose my stake I leave. Most of these people won't. They'll play and play and play, lose every dime they have, including their money to get back home, run up their credit cards, empty their bank accounts, despite the proven fact that the house ultimately wins.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You think that's bad? Try explaining to someone that it is even possible for an A.T.M. to run out of cash. I swear, people think these things print the stuff. With ink made from fairy dust.

Eventually it'd run out of fairy dust.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I don't gamble. Hell, I don't even play bingo. Does that make me smart?
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              You think that's bad? Try explaining to someone that it is even possible for an A.T.M. to run out of cash.
              I know of a certain college statistics professor that knows all about that

All too often, people think that ATMs (and other machinery) isn't allowed to break down...yet bitch and moan when maintenance has to be done on them--restocking, making sure all the hardware is in good shape, etc. Why can't they simply realize that all of it is for *their* benefit?

Oh wait, they're SCs. My bad.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                You think that's bad? Try explaining to someone that it is even possible for an A.T.M. to run out of cash. I swear, people think these things print the stuff. With ink made from fairy dust.

Eventually it'd run out of fairy dust.

Actually... Yeah I have. There's an ATM so conviently located RIGHT next to the cage and if they have ANY problem with their card they run crying to us. Quite honestly I have NO idea why their card won't work, why it's telling them they have insufficient funds when they have 6000, or how to use the machine from a million miles away. I can't see the screen, I don't know what they want.

I can't leave the cage and go out there and help them. Even though that's what they expect. Some cashiers will but I refuse. It's not my job. We have to call security and one of them will help if they're available. It's a pain in the ass.

Try having to explain that the machines are down. That day sucked! One day all four of the atm machines went down and people were yelling at the cashiers like it was our fault. Yeesh.

But yeah, I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
                X