This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varied 7-11 sightings

In 7-11 yesterday to get my usual infusion of vaguely coffeelike substance (french vanilla cappucino mixed with York peppermint latte is good...yum), I witnessed firsthand the scratch ticket addicts.

One lady had a fistful of Ruby Red tickets and seemed to be arguing with one of the clerks about not being able to buy more.

Another guy was scratching his tickets veeerrryyy sllooowwwlllyyy and blocking the counter while doing so, pausing after every few scratches to stare intently at the ticket as if he was receiving the secrets of the universe via alien transmissions (maybe he was...who knows in this town).

Today, in addition to some more lottery oddballs (none of whom were doing anything too disruptive this time) I noticed a woman who was demanding that the poor cashier describe each and every donut to her, then it took almost 5 minutes for her to decide she didn't want any of them, and dragging the poor guy over to the ice cream case and going through the same charade.

I was half-expecting her to come waltzing over to the coffee counter next. I was thinking that my bookstore stalker had in fact bred, or this woman was in some other way related to her
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Oi, don't get me started on 7/11. >< That place is some sort of dark nexus to a world full of freaks and fools. I stop by there twice a day too and from work ( I work graveyard, obviously, so its the only thing open ). and I always see *something*.

The toher day this guy was attempting to barter for doughnuts. But he was going up while the counter clerk was refusing outright. He started by asking for 1 then went "Hey, can you give me two for $x?" but the clerk refused, telling him it was, obviously, not negotiable.

"How about 3? Its not like you keep them anyway, you just throw them out at the end of the day!"
    "Yes, but we don't throw them out till midnight!"

Of course thats the tip of the iceberg for my experiences ( See the Burrito Warrior incident for example. -.- )

Comment

Working...
    X