Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at a Tom Thumb once, doing my own shopping (weekly necessities: English Muffins and Apple Juice) and some random lady stops me to ask if I know where the corn syrup is...
    "I think it's with all the other syrups... which are over two or three aisles..."
    She says thanks, and goes off in the other direction, and I, confused, go to find the corn syrup, and pass by her again, and point it out directly. She says, "Corn syrup? No, I needed corn starch."
    Well, honey, you said syrup.

So as to be completely balanced in this post, the family went out to a Dave & Busters some random night once, and grabbed one of the table shuffleboards, playing and drinking, until bro knocked his drink on the ground. Unthinking, I guess... Dad turns around to a guy who is dressed very nicely, and asks for a refill on bro's drink. Guy plays along, asking whose drink it was, and then lets us know that he doesn't work there, and was, in fact, playing pool when Dad asked for help.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth TonyF View Post
      I guess reading the back of a box of computer equipment or hardware means that I MUST be confirming a product label or bar code.
      There is a depressingly large percentage of the population who don't seem to understand that product specs are written on the sides of packaging. My SIL worked at the high-end of the three stores that the local fur-traders run, and she would have customers really impressed with her knowledge of product, after she explained what the side of the box said.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
        There is a depressingly large percentage of the population who don't seem to understand that product specs are written on the sides of packaging. My SIL worked at the high-end of the three stores that the local fur-traders run, and she would have customers really impressed with her knowledge of product, after she explained what the side of the box said.
        I tend to look for warranty labels on power tools so I can 'already know' what warranty they come with when I'm trying to sell "extended protection plans". Every brand but one has it already printed in large labelling on the box, but that's always a customer's first or second question (with the other being 'how much does it cost?').
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

i got asked that just a week or so ago in the student rec center of my college campus.

but they were nice about it and... eh i'm 37 so it's not surprising they would think i was staff and not a student

Comment

Working...
          X