This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda funny

It was once common, here in Prague, to stand in line at a store and tell the counter person what you wanted. The counter person would then print out a receipt for you, which you took to the cashier, where you paid for the item. Then, you stood in line AGAIN to get the merchandise, which in the meantime had been prepared for you.

So, once I was standing in line with a friend, going through the whole process, when I wandered away to look at something else, then rejoined him in the line.

Well. You just don't do that. Why? Because you're cutting in line.

So the woman behind me were telling me, very loudly, very insistently, and nonstop.

Now, the funny thing was, I wasn't buying anything. My friend was. I was simply standing in line with him. These women assumed, perhaps with justification, that I was trying to cut in line, and they bitched loudly and constantly at me. I ignored them.

We got to the front of the line, he got his stuff, and we left - with the women still glaring at me, as if they continued to believe I'd been trying to put one over on them. Or maybe that was their way of showing embarrassment.
    Last edited by Eireann; 12-14-2006, 07:53 AM. Reason: mistake in italics

I hate that system. They have it everywhere in Italy. It's SOOOOOOO annoying!! I was o glad when we finally left ang got into Germany.
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I've read about that system. It was designed to employ the most workers possible.
      Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Working...
      X