Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be the jerk, but I do have a problem with the "polite" ones as well. Polite people don't call strangers , mispronounce their name (if you don't know me well enough to address me properly, you don't have any business being on my phone), intrude into their personal life uninvited, and then stick what is essentially a commercial into their face.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Sorry to be the jerk, but I do have a problem with the "polite" ones as well. Polite people don't call strangers , mispronounce their name (if you don't know me well enough to address me properly, you don't have any business being on my phone), intrude into their personal life uninvited, and then stick what is essentially a commercial into their face.
      AMEN!!!!! Telemarketing is inherently rude and obnoxious.

Frankly, although I strongly disapprove of drug dealers (a few too many addicts in my family), I consider them more ethical than telemarketing. At least a drug dealer doesn't barge into my home and interrupt my life in progress to try to bully me into a purchase. They don't need to, since (sadly) there are enough *willing* customers to keep them afloat.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

OK, I really didn't want to have to do this, but it was reported due to the fact that it generalized anyone who works in this field, and we had already removed a comment or two to try and keep this from happening.

I'm not going to pretend that I agree with the way these companies operate, because I don't. I agree with those who say that the nature is intrusive, and with the complaints that the companies don't care that people don't want to be called, but to blame that on the people who work for these companies is going too far.

I've tried to place the blame where it belongs -- on the companies who only care about making money no matter how many people it annoys. Not the people who work at these companies, possibly because there are no other jobs to be had. That's not to say I haven't lost my patience once or twice and said a few things I shouldn't have. Let's just say I can be a real bastard if someone wakes me up from a dead sleep early on a Saturday morning.

I don't like the whole idea of telemarketing anymore than most people here do, but I think it's time to put this one to rest.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X