This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    I don't mean to be snarky but I don't see the point in going to a dry campus if you're a drinker by any means. Too risky.
    Because I'm getting a better education for my interests than I would elsewhere. And it's cheap.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

well to be honest the other reason i didn't say anything was... I didn't always live in my apartment.

the apartments were kinda easy to break into, and i went on deployment sometimes.
      (and i'd already had a break in)

course being on deployment also meant i got to escape the noise.

oh and base-guitar-guy (here) moved out i think.
      people next door are active but... not really "noisy". it just takes me a while to get use to hearing people coming up and down the stairs whenever someone new moves in

Comment

While don't you penny his door?

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
          That makes cents.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

or how about some musical retribution?

i can honestly say i've used Mandy Patinkin as a weapon before - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yerr6xA3BAE

family above mom had a son that played electric guitar ALL day long despite apartment rules of "one hour a day". He also sucked at it.
            Usually he'd stop when mom played her stereo but one day he wouldn't. So I played that song on my laptop & by the end, he was silent.

(the family was eventually evicted due to multiple noise disturbances, from the constant guitar to running the vacuum at midnight, etc)

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
              Depending on the school, if you get caught, you could get fined. When I lived in the dorms, pennying someone in got you a $50 fine.

But, the ultimate revenge...happened to my roommate. Apparently, he'd come back drunk too many times, and pissed off my neighbors. So, one night I was helping someone across the hall with their accounting homework. Only a few minutes, what could happen right? Well, I left the door unlocked...neighbors got into the room, wrapped a sheet over him, and *stapled* his drunk ass to the wooden bed frame
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is pennying a door?
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I think it's throwing pennies at someone's door. Am I right?
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

You force pennies into the door jamb, causing the door to stick, and the room occupant...to be "tied up" for a bit. Should mention that doing so is dangerous--in the event of a fire, that person is definitely screwed.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

There are two ways to penny a door. If you put the pennies on the hinge side, it will prevent the door from pivoting open. If you put the pennies on the knob side, the pressure will prevent the latch from withdawing into the door when the knob is turned.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                      X