This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Customers at Antiques Market

There is a lovley little antiques market on a sunday where we live, real antiques mixed with flea market, great atmosphere, but it is held in an old nursery greenhouse where plants used to be grown and so the lanes of stalls are very close together, with things hanging up, things on the floor in boxes, things on trestle tables.

You get the idea, not an ultramodern marketplace is what i am trying to say.

And so to todays sucky customers there.

people with a young boisterous puppy jumping everywhere and getting under peoples legs and jumping into the tables "hey watch out for that antique plate" "This one, that's now in pieces?"

couple with a huge baby buggy wider than the aisles "if i just shove this table sideways that's got the china on it we can get through"

people walking with canes.Very slowly.In the middle of the aisle.Three abreast.And stopping every few seconds to discuss what is for dinner while a queue of people build up behind them

small child touching everything in sight with mother chasing him and screaming at him to stop touching.

Do they have no common sense at all?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Short answer: No.
    Long Answer: Hell no.

Comment

Did SC#1 and SC#2 have to pay for everything they broke?

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
        Did SC#1 and SC#2 have to pay for everything they broke?

I think the only thing broken was by the dog, as I passed by I heard the owner whining to the stallholder "but it's only a puppppppppppyyyyyyy".

I don't know if they paid up. They should have done.
        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Short answer: No.
          Long Answer: Hell no.
          Longer answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
            I think the only thing broken was by the dog, as I passed by I heard the owner whining to the stallholder "but it's only a puppppppppppyyyyyyy".
            Well, if he's not old enough to get a job and pay for it himself, then I'm afraid you'll have to pay it for him...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

And what is a puppy doing in an antique store?
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                And what is a puppy doing in an antique store?
                Someone was sick of the cliche "Bull in a china shop?"
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

And per Mythbusters, bulls are significantly more polite around china and will navigate around them... as opposed to the puppy.

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
                    And per Mythbusters, bulls are significantly more polite around china and will navigate around them... as opposed to the puppy.
                    I loved that episode.

We have a antique store over here with the sign of "You break it, you bought it. I decide the price."

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
                      In German it's elephants in china shops. One TV show put it to the test and neither china nor any glasware was broken. The elephant - asian from the local zoo - only shoplifted a few apples from a centerpiece.
                      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Meaning the elephant is a nimble kleptomaniac, and doesn't break stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X