This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Subway Suck

Hearing once again from your local sucky Subway, owned by the biggest drooling morons since Jessica Simpson's birth.

Coworker Dannie has a little boy. Dannie went to this particularly sucky Subway one day after work (she lives sort of nearby me, this is the Subway I always bitch about) to get herself a sandwich and a kids meal for her kid.

I'm not sure if it was Little Brat (if she even still works there) or one of the other drooling morons who don't know what to charge or what policy is or even that 6 is more than 5, but whomever was working refused to let her have a kid's meal because her kid wasn't with her. Even though she was already ordering her own sandwich besides that.

Wow. Way to go. Keep sucking, Subway.

The only reason I still go there is I only go when the manager is working, opening to 3 or 4 pm on weekdays, then I opt for a deli sub shop on days she isn't. And yes, I ask her when she works so that I know she'll be there (so I don't have to go to the other sides of town to the other Subways) and I won't be overcharged or argued with over the sub of the day or what day it is period. I've even asked the manager what is wrong with that place, and she says the owners are assholes who don't care, and they don't do anything about the idiot kids that they hire and they never, ever communicate clearly what promotions are what, and it never seems like any of them know what to charge. That manager has even said that the owners won't let her write up or fire any of the idiots because they don't want to hire and train new people.

Just for good measure, I am not judging fast food employees or Subway employees in general. Just this damn Subway.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    Just this damn Subway.
    Subway of the Damned, more like it. Geez.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

She couldn't order a kids meal because her kid wasn't with her?

WTF?

People never heard of runnin errands without kid and go home to give kid & her lunch?

Geez Whiz! Yeah ... No matter what, I'd stop going to that subway, and write to subway about that particular location.

Comment

Personally, I would avoid this store regardless of who is working that day. Do you really want the drooling masses doing prep for that sandwich you're about to eat? Think about what they've been scratching/picking before handling food. Just because you get good service when one manager is there doesn't mean I'd trust anything else at that store. It's what happens behind the scenes that worries me.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hmm, do kids buy their own meals, because how else would they expect kids meals to be sold if a parent can't buy them?

"Excuse me, but how do I know you're buying this for your child (child standing next to you)?" I can see it happening now!

Unless the menu stated child must be with you, or kids meals for kids (this age) and under, they should have sold it to her. Guess they just didn't want to make money that day!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You need the subway I go to. I walk in and a couple of the girls will automatically start the sandwich I always get. One of these days I'll have to get something different.

Comment

Something similar to this happened at Cranberry Fest one year (Blas might be familiar with this particular event since it's in Wisconsin.) It's basically a big outdoor arts and crafts show. My brother and his girlfriend and daughter went and while they were there they got lunch. While my bro and the daughter were finishing their meals, bro's girlfriend walked over to a nearby stand that was selling ice cream. They had the normal small/medium/large sizes for cones and they also had a kid's size small cone. So girlfriend tried to order a kid's size small for her daughter (as well as whatever else she was getting for her and my bro) and they wouldn't let her because the kid wasn't with her. Nevermind that she was ordering 2 other "normal" things for the adults.

I could more understand this kind of thing if you were the only person ordering and the only thing you were ordering was a kid's meal...especially in a sit-down type restaurant...but at a place like Subway, or a stand selling ice cream? Come on.

Comment

Yup, I'm familiar with the Cranberry Festival

I suggested to Dannie that she go in when manager is working some day and let her know what went down that day. I'm sure that could be at least one straw to get the ball rolling.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hearing once again from your local sucky Subway, owned by the biggest drooling morons since Jessica Simpson's birth.

I can ONLY laugh and applaud in agreement!!!!!!

Comment

My grandmother likes to order kids meals for herself because she can't eat a regular combo meal's worth of food. She saves up all the toys she gets over the course of the year and hands them out at Halloween. She's also a 5' tall lady who raised 7 kids while her husband was often away doing classified military stuff, earned the nickname of "Shotgun" when Mom was a teen for supposedly chasing trespassers off her property one day (never did find out if that story was true...), and in general did NOT put up with crap like that from people. She'd've insisted on making a formal complaint unless someone could come up with a very good reason (like being out of said meals), then gone somewhere else to order a kids meal from THEM, and probably never eaten at the original place again.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                      My grandmother likes to order kids meals for herself because she can't eat a regular combo meal's worth of food. She saves up all the toys she gets over the course of the year and hands them out at Halloween. She's also a 5' tall lady who raised 7 kids while her husband was often away doing classified military stuff, earned the nickname of "Shotgun" when Mom was a teen for supposedly chasing trespassers off her property one day (never did find out if that story was true...), and in general did NOT put up with crap like that from people. She'd've insisted on making a formal complaint unless someone could come up with a very good reason (like being out of said meals), then gone somewhere else to order a kids meal from THEM, and probably never eaten at the original place again.
                      Sounds like quite a dame!
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Blas, have you both considered writing Subway corperate about this place? Even if it is a privately owned franchise, I bet corperate would like to know what they are doing to the Subway reputation. It is not unknown to refuse to re-up the franchise contract if the place is a hellhole. I even know of some area McDonald's that threatened to pull their name unless the franchise owners sold, due to the crap they were pulling in their stores.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Sometimes I think employees enforce stupid rules (like actually needing to see a kid in order to let you buy a kids meal) as a way to make themselves feel more powerful. As an employee you have to follow so many dumb rules and some people I think just enjoy being on the other end and having their own power trip

Comment

Unless the laws in the US are vastly different, where does it say that an adult can't purchase a kid size meal? What difference does it make if they have the kid with them? On the occassions that I indulge in a fast food meal I tend to chose the kids options as regular sized ones are just too much. Also, aren't the kids meals basically the same size a small combo anyway?

Sound bizzare to me

And yeah, I add my vote to not frequenting that one anymore. If the owners are that lax with responsibility, it is only a matter of time before there is a serious e-coli outbreak (or similar)
                            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

No law, just store/restaurant policy. Kids meals are often sold at a loss; the profit is in the full-size "adult" meals the parents would presumably be buying.

I don't understand why more places don't offer reduced portion meals for adults. I bet they could find a way to do that and still profit.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X