This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give That Employee a Medal!!!

Last night I went to see Up in the Air at a nearby cinema, which is unfortunately right in the centre of a town which is quite simply chav-tastic. Those CS members not from the UK, I suggest you google it. Perhaps cross reference with 'trailer trash'.

Anyhoo, the significant other and I were standing in line for popcorn, a line which I should point out, was clearly deliniated by ropes. There was a little old lady a few people in front of us who was rummaging in her handbag, and therefore didn't notice when the line moved forward, leaving a big gap between her and the couple in front. Seeing an opportunity, a hulking simian teenage chav and two bling-tastic (I am way too old for this youthful language) chavettes ducked under the rope and stood in front her, immediately trying not to look like they had queue-jumped in front of approximately 20 people!

Verily I and significant other were peeved, but we are rather English and like the rest of the queue, resorting to tutting very loudly. Therefore it was with great joy that we beheld the doughty popcorn wench, who upon receiving their order for 'a large one an' a coke bruv', raised an eyebrow and said 'no, you pushed in, you'll have to go to the back of the line.'

I loved the fact that she clearly saw them push in but allowed them to wait several minutes in the queue before denying them their snacks and condemned them to yet more waiting. Biiiiig pair of balls on that woman. She owned them.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

I never heard of chavs until I came to this board, and it's been quite an education. They're not quite trailer trash, more like 'guidos' (which I never heard of until my brother-in-law told me about this show called "Jersey Shore", which isapparently about guidos).
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Every concession stand or supermarket needs an associate like that to take care of line-jumpers.

BTW, what did you think of Up In The Air? My husband and I saw it last weekend and really liked it, though the ending was a little sad.

Comment

BTW, what did you think of Up In The Air? My husband and I saw it last weekend and really liked it, though the ending was a little sad.
        We really liked it, very clever film, but like you we were a little saddened by the ending. Nice to be surprised though, not typical Hollywood.
        Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          I never heard of chavs until I came to this board, and it's been quite an education. They're not quite trailer trash, more like 'guidos' (which I never heard of until my brother-in-law told me about this show called "Jersey Shore", which isapparently about guidos).
          Except the term "guido" has an ethnic component (Italian) that will get your ass kicked if you use it to describe somebody, and you aren't on Jersey Shore and using it to describe yourself.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, I wouldn't call a guido a guido to his face any more than I would call a chav a chav to his face. My sense of self-preservation is too strong.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              Oh, I wouldn't call a guido a guido to his face any more than I would call a chav a chav to his face. My sense of self-preservation is too strong.
              I think "guidos" are starting to embrace the term though and find it a compliment even if you mean it an insult. Of course, a normal Italian American (aka - not Cheeto orange with blown out spiked hair and juiced out on 'roids) would take offense to the term.

Comment

Below is a very good pictorial guide to the female chav, or chavette:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9283/chav1f.jpg

Believe me, this is exactly what a lot of the chavettes round the area look like; tho a lot of them are also pushing babies in buggies, too.

As for the cinema worker; lol. XD I would have gone to the manager after the film and praised her to the skies, hoping she'd get some kudos.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've done that to people before. I got especially ballsy as the end of my two weeks approached

Comment

For me, the scariest part of that pic is "Average age 17 but can range up to 55".

We have a customer that dresses like she's a young hot biker babe. She isn't... she's in her 50's and has that 'overtanned' look to her face...

Oh, and she's the manager of a motel.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

What's really confusing for me is that picture looks like a posed sex doll...
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

My favorite chavette

Comment

Wow. Based off that picture, I think my sister's a Chav, and she's American.
                          Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

I dress like that when I am headed over to rehab for physiotherapy ... I wouldn't go anywhere else [ok, a gym] but it would be ok for around the house.

I am currently wearing sweats because it is winter and I dress warm, In the summer I dress to stay cool. I am also not going anywhere.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              I am currently wearing sweats because it is winter and I dress warm, In the summer I dress to stay cool. I am also not going anywhere.
                              It's not just the way they dress, it's the way they act. To be a complete Chav, they need to be:

1) Deliberately uneducated (because "skools 4 wankers an' you don't need educashun on the dole").
                              2) On every benefit they can get their hands on, not because they need to be, but because they don't see why they should have to go out to work when "it's our 'uman rites to be given stuff, innit?"
                              3) Able to cheerfully lie, cheat & steal to get more than they're entitled to.
                              4) Complete entitlement whores & SCs wherever they go - they're the type of people who will deliberately damage the packaging on a giant pack of beer so that they can demand a discount for damaged goods, then scream, shout, stamp & wail when they can't have it, then storm out of the shop, knocking things over as they go.
                              5) Out every night getting completely hammered on drink, drugs or both, then stumbling home, throwing up or peeing on every street corner. Bonus points if they're underage. Double it if they're not a teenager yet. Triple it if they manage to get laid somewhere between wherever they were & home. Quadruple it if it's any combination of 2 or more of the above.

In extreme cases they're known to get pregnant at an early age (sometimes while still a minor) simply to get their own house/flat (& I have actually overheard a conversation between a group of tweeny-mums about how they had done just that, so no, I am not making this up). To be honest, they tend to make trailer trash look good. At least trailer trash can get their guns legally.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                              X