This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Encounter

For those who don't know, I do tech support. I don't usually deal with our clients except maybe a friendly nod as I go in or out of the building.

Today, as I was returning to the building after a virus cleaning, one of our clients was having a smoke outside. He asked me for a lighter, which I didn't have on me as I don't smoke, myself. I did see that the fellow had a book of matches in his hand, so the following conversation occured.

Me: Sorry man, I don't have one. You get your matches wet?

Him: No man, Its just too cold. My matches won't stay lit long enough when its this cold.

Me: buh? Uh, okay, have a good day.

I sat at my desk for a bit thinking about that one. I guess there were just too many cold particles smothering his match's hot particles?
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Too windy maybe? Although I think the lighter would have the same trouble.

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
      Although I think the lighter would have the same trouble.
      No, lighters are filled with extra hot particles. That's how they make fire, ya'know?

Comment

Quoth Hawaiian Eskimo View Post
        No, lighters are filled with extra hot particles. That's how they make fire, ya'know?
        Nice to see someone else got the joke and likes to bait physics geeks.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X