This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCKY ONES PHONE/DOOR

Recently I ahve a lot of cold callers to the house on the phone and at the door, generally i am polite to them as i know it is a job they have to do, but what should happen is this -

Hello i'M Natalie i'M calling from best holidays do you want a holiday?

me - no thank you but i'll remeberthe name of your company if i do want one.

NOT as just happened on doorstep and on phone last week

open door, bloke is grinning
    he says hello how are you?
    i don't have conversations like this with strange guys on the doorstep.I say nothing.He continues to look at me.
    me - do you want something?
    him - yes i was just asking how you were.

er no that is your cue to tell me if you actually want something or if you just perv about the neighbourhood all day.

me - ok, so you don't want anything.

SHUTS DOOR/SLAMS PHONE DOWN
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
    Hello i'M Natalie i'M calling from best holidays do you want a holiday?
    "Well, my brother recently expressed interest in a Cesar Chavez day... do you have those in stock?"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I have caller ID, so I don't pick up the phone if I don't recognize the number. I figure if it turns out to be someone I know, then they can leave a voice mail and I'll get back to them.

I also don't open the door if someone I don't know is knocking. If I hear a knock at the door I'll go to a window and peer out. If I don't recognize the person then I'm not opening the door, sorry.

Comment

Working...
      X