This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail at the coffeehouse

At a coffeehouse waiting for DH while running errands. I had 2 people ahead of me in line so I was waiting patiently for caffeinated goodness. Please note the coffeehouse is not Starbucks (there is a Starbucks across the street) and there are many signs denoting it as such.

The first girl in line asked for a tall iced coffee. When she was told (nicely) that this was a seasonal item (it is February) and has not been available the last couple months, her response: "But Starbucks hassssss itttt." (yes there was whine). The nice barista repeated that they did not carry that item at this time but offered another option (to get coffee over ice). After a reprise of "but starbucks hassss itttt!" the SC left the coffeeshop.

Hopefully she left to go across the street to Starbucks. I did at first think this was going to be a story about someone thinking she actually was in Starbucks.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth csdrone View Post
      "But Starbucks hassssss itttt."
      I've been seeing this more and more. People not wanting to buy starb*ck's "coffee" (Term used loosely here. Yes, I've tried it once. Was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted, and the first time I threw out a cup of coffee.), but not wanting to pay the price. I miss the days when the whiners would leave my regular coffee shop alone and go bug the "coffee" shop which shall not be named, as much as I wish that company would go away and quit putting local guys out of business.
      Coworker: Distro of choice?
      Me: Gentoo.
      Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I do not get this logic. She's not in Starbucks. She knows she's not in Starbucks. How is what Starbucks has or does not have even remotely relevant?

People would say that in Kinko's: "But Staples does that." or "But Staples only charges blah blah."

So? What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Comment

I have a reply for all of my customers who do the whine. I work in an electronics department, and whenever I get, "But Futureshop has it/does it this way!" about something totally unreasonable I say, "I'm sorry m'am/sir, but this is *name of store*" and then stare at them and smile. I've not yet had one person who could come up with any kind of rebuttal. They generally shut up and buy what they were looking for in the first place.

Comment

Yeah, I have done that, too. "Sir, this is Kinko's. It's not Staples." and just repeat until they get the message. Then entire time I'm thinking "How stupid are you?"

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              I do not get this logic. She's not in Starbucks. She knows she's not in Starbucks. How is what Starbucks has or does not have even remotely relevant?

People would say that in Kinko's: "But Staples does that." or "But Staples only charges blah blah."

That was my husband's response. I was stunned at the lack of logic. Do the customers think the store they are in will morph into "the store that does everything they want" at their will? I lost brain cells (and yes I overtipped the baristas after that episode)
              Last edited by csdrone; 02-21-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

actually tons...it's a very complicated math formula...includes 16 word problems and 37 variables....ask the illumin....akkkk!!![carrier lost]
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

if i want something that tastes like starbucks i ... go to starbucks.

actually i will say their hot chocolate is tasty - most other places i go to just make it with powder and water, but theirs is milkier. except DD, theirs is milky too

though... i wouldn't mind some seattle's best. even if they're owned by sb now

Comment

I had some lady the other day that wanted to know if Costco carried a certain product. How the hell should I know? Firstly, I work at "Save money. Live better." Secondly, I've never even been in a Costco ever!

I also had some woman that for some reason thought that we should be able to order things from K-Mart's suppliers. Never did figure that one out.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    if i want something that tastes like starbucks i ... go to starbucks.

actually i will say their hot chocolate is tasty - most other places i go to just make it with powder and water, but theirs is milkier. except DD, theirs is milky too
                    I like their green tea frappachino. Hmmmm. I still have two SB gift cards that the pharmacists gave us for Christmas.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I get that at work a lot.

"But Blue Stripy's petrol is cheeeaaappperrr!"

So bloody well piss off and go to Blue Stripy, then! Jeez.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        actually i will say their hot chocolate is tasty - most other places i go to just make it with powder and water, but theirs is milkier.
                        I can't stand SB's hot chocolate --I find it watery and tasteless, almost entirely devoid of sweetness....SB's hot choco is great, tho (or whatever brand they serve in Borders Books). Still, neither compares to the real coffeshops here (as in, "...and doughnuts/beginets")
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X