This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightings at Subway

A while back, I think someone on this forum was ranting about customers who can't specify which type of chicken they want on their Subway sandwiches (Subway has several different kinds.) This past week, I had the pleasure of seeing TWO of those types of customers.

A couple days ago, an SC ordered a chicken sandwich.

SC: I'd like a chicken sub.
    Employee: What kind?
    SC: Just, like, a regular chicken sub.
    Employee holds up a chicken breast.
    Employee: Do you want the chicken breast?
    SC: No, I want thin chicken.
    The employee then went through all the different kinds of chicken they carried. None would appease the SC though.
    SC: No, I want thin chicken.
    Employee: This is what we have.
    SC: But I want thin chicken! (I presume he meant deli sliced, even though the employee had made it clear they didn't carry it and what they had was what they had.)
    Eventually, the employee was able to talk them into a Tuscan chicken sandwich.

Then today, there was another one! Rehash the previous conversation, just replace "thin" chicken with "regular" chicken and you get the idea.

I did find it funny that her friend ordered a turkey breast sandwich with half the meat (the two had been talking about dieting earlier), and then proceeded to slap four slices of bacon on her 6-in sub. Yeah, any benefit you would have gained from cutting down on the turkey (which is a very lean, healthy meat) just got negated right there.

On the plus side, I discovered that the location we went to today still carries the buffalo chicken sandwich. I think I'm going to have to switch over there from my normal Subway location (where they discontinued it )
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

While I definitely think the SC was stupid on ordering..I totally agree about wanting deli sliced chicken. It's the reason I never buy chicken sandwiches from Subway. (Just never been a fan of whole breast meat on a sandwich...shredded hicken is the best..but i digress)

I recently changed locations to a store that has a Subway next to it. Man, I thought that the complaints on here were a bit exaggerate...but they totally aren't!! I've never wanted to smack so many fellow customers before! Kudos to you Subway slaves for putting up with it!
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
    X