This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy suck

Couple of quick stories from my friend K, who just recently became a pharm tech after being a paramedic for about 8 years:

This constant EW harpy always calls in on the line reserved for doctors to call in perscriptions, and when she's in store always demands immediate and preferential treatment. She insists she's entitled to it, because she's a doctor herself.
    Her doctorate is in English literature.

A well dressed woman starts freaking out and screaming when informed her co-pay is $14.00. "You can't charge me for those! My baby needs that medicine! I can't afford that!"
    This is right after she had spent the 15 minute wait for the script to be filled by playing $60 of losing scratch tickets. She then threw her Starbucks coffee at the pharmacist when he tried to calm her down.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

I for one wouldn't be complaining about a $14 co-pay ...........one of the asthma meds my doctor had me try would've been $400 at the pharmacy, and I'd have had to cover all of that because of no access to health insurance.

Comment

$14 isn't bad at all! I hope she was arrested for assaulting the pharmasist!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
        This constant EW harpy always calls in on the line reserved for doctors to call in perscriptions, and when she's in store always demands immediate and preferential treatment.
        Heh, heh. A couple of weeks ago, we finally got rid of one of ours. This woman is not only an EW, she's a nutjob. She was on the phone one night complaining to me about....me.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

A well dressed woman starts freaking out and screaming when informed her co-pay is $14.00. "You can't charge me for those! My baby needs that medicine! I can't afford that!"
          This is right after she had spent the 15 minute wait for the script to be filled by playing $60 of losing scratch tickets. She then threw her Starbucks coffee at the pharmacist when he tried to calm her down.
          The joys of the medical field. I used to work at a counseling clinic that happened to be next door to a famous ice cream place. ($5 for a shake, keep that in mind).

Patients would come in, say they couldn't afford the copay for the rx written by the MD, may I get free samples. (Always a pain in the butt to get the Doctor to get them out of the locked cabinet). I also had people who "couldn't afford" their $10 copay. Most of these people, telling these tales would have a shake in their hands.

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
            The joys of the medical field. I used to work at a counseling clinic that happened to be next door to a famous ice cream place. ($5 for a shake, keep that in mind).

Patients would come in, say they couldn't afford the copay for the rx written by the MD, may I get free samples. (Always a pain in the butt to get the Doctor to get them out of the locked cabinet). I also had people who "couldn't afford" their $10 copay. Most of these people, telling these tales would have a shake in their hands.
            We had a guy that didn't get all of his wife's scripts because he didn't "have enough money". Yet he had enough to buy 2 bags of candy for $5....which was the co-pay on one script that he had us put back. Priorities people!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

...crying out loud. I don't exactly make a lot, considering I'm supporting my wife and I, paying mortgage, a car payment, plus maintenance on 3 cars, and my heart meds cost more than that. $14 copay is *NOTHING*. I've been on meds in the past that cost about $200 a month. :-/
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

doctorate =/= doctor, period, unless she's seeing patients on the side. anyhoo, for the coffee antics, i'd have pressed charges against this beeyotch and banned her sorry ass from the store, had i but the power.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Oh noooo a whole $14?! My medication comes out to $445 (I get free samples from my doctor).

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                    doctorate =/= doctor, period, unless she's seeing patients on the side. anyhoo, for the coffee antics, i'd have pressed charges against this beeyotch and banned her sorry ass from the store, had i but the power.
                    What gets me is those people with doctorates who insist on being called with the title "Doctor" in all aspects of their life, other than just ones dealing with their own profession.

I'm sorry, you are calling me for tech support regarding your ISP (old job) or because you are having problems with your blackberry service...

so tell me, how does your degree have anything to do with the service I'm providing to you?

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
                      What gets me is those people with doctorates who insist on being called with the title "Doctor" in all aspects of their life, other than just ones dealing with their own profession.
                      You'd hate me. I'd complain if I was called "Miss [last name]" or "Mrs [maiden name]".

Being at a university I find people who make a big deal out of having a PhD amusing. Around universities (and I hear this is true in Europe too), it's being "Professor" so-and-so that's a big deal, not being "Doctor" so-and-so.

Comment

I don't know about your state but my local state lottery says to "Play Responsibly". Does that not mean anything to Ms. big-bad PhD? :P

Comment

This constant EW harpy always calls in on the line reserved for doctors to call in perscriptions
                          Perhaps a solution could be to ask for what hospital/clinic she works when she calls -- the only honest answer would be that she does not -- at which point you cast Summon Fake SmileInYourVoice IV, explain to her that you need to keep the line open for the real thing, and hang up.

For the practical side of this -- She could very well be delaying a call-in for someone who really DOES need expedited service, en route from the Doc's office straight to the pharmacy.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                            Being at a university I find people who make a big deal out of having a PhD amusing. Around universities (and I hear this is true in Europe too), it's being "Professor" so-and-so that's a big deal, not being "Doctor" so-and-so.
                            It depends a lot on the personality, one professor of mine got suspicious when someone called him Prof. XYZ. He was a such darling: "Now disagree with me already, I'm not always right!" And he really wasn't annoyed, when you disagreed. He expected you to think for yourself Quite a lot students avoided him, just because of that. I loved it!
                            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

When I was in school, I would have killed to have a prof who actually WANTED us to call him out on mistakes and/or actively debate things he said...

The closest I ever got was a BritLit teacher who was open-minded -- her philosophy was "If you can back up what you're saying [with evidence from the text], you're right, even if I disagree with you completely"
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X