This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting on Facebook

I am a HUGE fan of Lush bath products--I stop by the store a couple of times a month, and use their products constantly. They work really well for me, a lot of the bath stuff helps me get to sleep, and I find that almost all of it calms me down mentally and emotionally.

Even with that, of course, I understand that buying these products is a luxury. I would never presume to tell someone else which luxuries they should not partake of...but then, I'm not an SC, am I?

So, the Lush page on Facebook recently posted an entry: $1000 gift card being given away as a prize in a caption contest. Cute idea, everyone's excited...but there's always gotta be a party pooper or two! Here's a bit of the conversation, extracted straight from the Facebook page (names removed, of course, and many responses removed for length):

Fan A: !!! Wow. That sounds...amazing.

Fan B: COOOLL!!! XD

Idiot 1: No, that's tying to get work for free that they should pay their agency for... I would have thought better

Fan C: Oh sheesh, Idiot 1. Lighten up. Besides, you don't have to participate... plenty of people see the fun in this contest. I'll be playing!

Idiot 1: You win people I give up. I guess none of you are creative people who are being devalued by contests like this.

Idiot 2: Yeah, don't bother taking stuff like this seriously, it's just consumerism that controls your world, no biggie.

Fan D: I dont see anything wrong with it, thats how consumerism and big business works. I might not like all consumerism, but that is the world we live in, if you dont like it, then dont participate.

Idiot 2: That's why the world is the way it is though, "oh it's just consumerism, nothing you can do, let's go max out our credit cards ladies!". Pure stupidity. Never mind the people we all ignore that are dying and in poverty while we spend our hundreds on Lush. Disgusting really.

Idiot 2: Yeah, never mind the recession and the people around you in poverty. Screw them, let's all buy bath products!

Fan E: Wow, Idiot 2. You obviously need to vent, but I don't think this is the place. Your posts really have nothing to do with the contest Lush is hosting (solely for the customer's benefit). I know the world is a sad place right now, but let's enjoy the little things when we can.

Idiot 2: No I'm pretty sure this is a really good place to make these posts, since this is a company that sells fizzy balls that smell in your bath tub for $5, nice way to let your hard earned money literally go down the drain. The point I'm trying to make is, which no one seems to get proving how dense people are, is that yes we do live in a sad world, and... See more yes there is something you can do about it besides buying more useless crap to make you feel as though your life has some value. If everyone took the money they spend on Lush and everything else they don't actually need and put it towards something more useful I guarantee our world would not be a sad place. It's rather disturbing to see how excited people get about getting a free gift card.

Fan F: Listen Idiot 2, I work hard for my money and if I choose to buy soap and products that are slightly upscale so be it. I have a moral compass and support charities and volunteer. It is not any of our sole jobs to save the world. If you hate us consumers so much then stop coming to this site to bash us. We are not randomly posting neg comments elsewhere. Get over yourself please. BTW I paid CASH for my LUSH this wknd. No maxed cards here. CASH for everything

Fan G: Also Idiot 2, although you may not like the way others choose to spend their money, it is theirs to spend. I do give to charity and try to give back in time, but if I want to buy a little bit of luxury after a stressful day, that's my choice.

Fan H: If you want to ... See moredonate money to charity, go to RedCross.com. Simple as that. OR, if you win the gift card, you are free to donate all the products you get to a battered women's shelter so they can have something nice. And incidentally, they do a lot of good with their Charity Pot lotion, which is more than what a lot of other companies do, so I really think they deserve some credit.

Fan I: Wait- Idiot 2- why are you even a "fan" of LUSH's page if you are so against them and the people spending their money on them?

Idiot 2:I absolutely love how defensive people get when you shove the truth in their faces. None of you obviously get it, hence the current state of our entire planet. Ignorance is not bliss, it's dangerous. Continue to enjoy your colourful tubs full of water and wasted money while your fellow neighbor's children go to school hungry.

Fan I: Again, why are you part of this group if you don't like it?

Idiot 2: I never said I didn't like it, when did I say that? Also, if you hadn't noticed, you need to be a fan in order to post, how else would I remind you all how disgusting consumerism is? It's funny getting ladies all riled up and having you all jump to defend your ridiculous spending habits.

Joi: *coughcoughdontfeedthetrollscough*
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

You should post this picture.

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

That's awesome!
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Damn, who pissed in idiot #2s wheaties ....
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Damn, who pissed in idiot #2s wheaties ....
          It wasn't piss. Just his fizzy balls.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

If those trolls practice what the preach about the evils of consumerism, they're living in caves, butt-naked, trying to decide if rock are edible.

I mean, I'd hate for them to be hypocrites or anything if they're wearing clothes and typing on computers they bought themselves while their neighbors' children were going to school hungry.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Just his fizzy balls.
              I heard that Mikey kid from the Life commercials died of an exploded stomach when he ate those and drank a Coke.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ah, consumerism and the ability to buy fizzy bath bombs. Just the thought warms the cockels of my shriveled little heart.

I'm sitting here in front of my warmly burning fireplace and I can smell myself. I smell like an expensive Lush bath soap. Fig Leaf, to be exact. Life is good.

I'm sure the idiots who would condemn me buy absolutley nothing but sackcloth and ashes with what little expendable cash they have. After giving most of it to help various charities, of course.

And they don't smell like Fig Leaf Lush soap. No, they smell like bitterness, envy, and armpit smegma. With maybe a hint of patchoulli.

Comment

reminds me how one "fan" of the lush group was ranting about one of the products claiming it couldn't really be "vegan" cos it wasn't organic

all i remember was pointing out that all vegan means is that you don't use animal parts or their derivatives. and that "natural" was something entirely different.

Comment

Wow.

You know, I have gel soles in my boots that I am pretty sure are vegan. Petrochemicals are vegan, right?

Comment

I think it depends on if they are farm bred Petrochemicals or wild Petrochemicals

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        They don't smell like Fig Leaf Lush soap. No, they smell like bitterness, envy, and armpit smegma. With maybe a hint of patchoulli.

I'm so using that as my sig now.

Comment

Thank you for that. That was a good belly laugh.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            You know, I have gel soles in my boots that I am pretty sure are vegan. Petrochemicals are vegan, right?
                            They're organic too.

Comment

Working...
                            X