This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    I had an English class in high school that drove me up the wall. The teacher insisted on a thesis statement, then an outline, a first draft, a second draft, and the final. I honestly just didn't see the point of it and it distracted me from doing a good job on the paper.
    So write the essay first, and then come up with the outline, first draft, and the rest of it. Teacher doesn't need to know you did it in reverse order...

Comment

That's like me. When I get going, I can do, well, the most I ever did was about twenty pages. The average, when I'm going, is five.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

To play devil's advocate, I had numerous rush study sessions right before the library closed. This was in the mid to late-ninety's before the internet was what it is today. Nothing like having a Tues/Thurs class and be given a 3-page assignment during Tuesday's class with a due date of Thursday. I went to class full time and worked full time. I'd exit class and scramble to get 30min of research in before work, then scramble after work to get 30 min research in before the library closed. At least the computer labs were open 24 hours.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          So write the essay first, and then come up with the outline, first draft, and the rest of it. Teacher doesn't need to know you did it in reverse order...
          Well, yeah, I'd do that now. But this was back when I was in high school and all of about 15-16 years old and nowhere near as savvy as I am now.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
          X