This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, how very typical of a SC!

My husband ran to CVS to get milk and oreos tonight. He got in line behind a guy who only had a few things to check out, so he figured he'd be out of there pretty fast.

Wrong.

C=Clerk
    M=Manage
    SC=don't we all know them already?

SC pays for his stuff, C hands him his receipt, and he stands there for a moment looking over it.

SC: These (holds up a $2 box of band-aids) should by covered by my (WIC or similar program)
    C: *looks over the receipt* No, sorry, it doesn't look like they're covered.
    SC: I KNOW they're covered! They've always been covered!
    C: I'm sorry, it says they're not covered...
    SC: Well, then I want a refund.
    C calls over a manager.
    M: We can give you a refund, but since you paid with a credit card, it will take a couple of business days for it to be processed, and with the weekend coming up...
    SC: No, I want my refund NOW!
    M: I'm sorry, but that's just the way the banks work.
    SC: Then I want a coupon instead! I want my money back NOW!

Finally the manager pulled him aside so the clerk could continue ringing people up.

Seriously, as my husband was telling me this story, I was laughing and thinking, this is something directly off of customerssuck!

I can't think of any program that would cover bandaids. Hmm..
    My Wajas cave

Comment

I can. My old roommate has a credit card thingy that pays for medical things from work. Anything from aspirin to condoms to bandaids and eyeglasses! It was pretty spiffy. It's actually how I got this latest pair. She was getting glasses, and decided that she was sick of me squinting even with my glasses on, so I went with her and she paid for my glasses!

Comment

Well, I think the point is the big deal also about having to spend a whole $2 of his own money. I mean really what is the big deal. How much time did he waste to recoup that?
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
          I can. My old roommate has a credit card thingy that pays for medical things from work. Anything from aspirin to condoms to bandaids and eyeglasses! It was pretty spiffy. It's actually how I got this latest pair. She was getting glasses, and decided that she was sick of me squinting even with my glasses on, so I went with her and she paid for my glasses!
          Yeah thats a health care flex spending account. The money gets taken out of your paycheck and put into an account. You can use it for a lot of things and its taken out pre-tax

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
            I can. My old roommate has a credit card thingy that pays for medical things from work. Anything from aspirin to condoms to bandaids and eyeglasses!
            I had that, I think it is called a FlexSpeding or FlexRewards card. I decided how much money I wanted for the year and so much was taken out of my paycheck every week to cover it (although I had all of the money up front). I loved it!

Comment

Only problem with those is, if you don't use up the money by the end of the year it goes away. We get a lot of people stocking up on bandaids, kids' Motrin and the like on December 31.

(And if there's a lot left over, go get another pair of glasses.)

I have to say, they're a lot easier now that they have debit cards associated with them. The one time I had an FSA, it was years back when they had just been approved. I had to spend the money up front and send it in for reimbursement. As it turned out, I had no idea how to use the thing and wound up basically losing the couple hundred dollars I put in it, as I hadn't any real medical expenses that year outside of a few co-pays, and I didn't know about the glasses thing...

Comment

Flex! That's what it was. I couldn't think of it, but yeah, her's is a credit card, and her's didn't expire at the end of they year that I know of, but her's might have been a special case since there was a weird block on it and when it finally was accessible to her, she had a bit over a grand on it.

Comment

Working...
                X