This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shalom View Post
    Those are the ones in the green tubes. If you go to the foot care aisle, you'll find the blue ones marked for athlete's foot. The product is exactly the same; they just package it two ways to get twice as much shelf space. (Both of them say that they're for athlete's foot, jock rash and ringworm on the back; I'm surprised that they don't make a third package, maybe orange or something, specifically for ringworm, but I guess it's not as common as the other two.)
    They don't make the OTC for ringworm because someone makes far too much money on prescription creams for it.

Hell, even the OTC stuff is generally overprices when you can just use a bit of vinegar.

But if they were going to include a version for ringworm, they should also make one for the hair and scalp variant. Technically, they're all slightly different fungi, but vinegar (and probably the OTC stuff, too) works the same on all of them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      Those are the ones in the green tubes. If you go to the foot care aisle, you'll find the blue ones marked for athlete's foot. The product is exactly the same; they just package it two ways to get twice as much shelf space. (Both of them say that they're for athlete's foot, jock rash and ringworm on the back; I'm surprised that they don't make a third package, maybe orange or something, specifically for ringworm, but I guess it's not as common as the other two.)

Claritin does this also; one bottle for allergy, and a different colored bottle, with the same stuff in it, for hives.
      Like Excedrin. Look at the ingredients for regular Excedrin and Migraine Excedrin....exactly the same. Only I think they charge more for the Migraine Excedrin.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        They don't make the OTC for ringworm because someone makes far too much money on prescription creams for it.
        I've never used the vinegar fix, but as for OTC fixes, Gold Bond Medicated rubbed on the affected areas and sprincled into your underpants to absorb the moisture has worked for me in the past. Also, change clothes when you can (when you get home, or before bed) to keep dry clothing over the affected area. Don't wear undies more than once before washing.

I was in scouts too long.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I..uh...errr..

I TOTALLY did not mean to derail this thread. I swear it wasn't originally about fungal infections! That was just meant to be a part of a relevant story. Hehe. Ooooooh dear.

Thanks for the info everybody. Good stuff to know!

:goes and crawls into a corner to hide:
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
          X