This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot tomfoolery

So this just happened in my complex. It was 11:00 pm and I was down at the laundry room being as quiet as possible in removing my laundry from the dryer, since the LR is actually attached to someone's apartment. The next thing I knew some jerk was in the parking lot laying on the horn. Seriously? Um, sometimes people SLEEP at night. This is an apartment complex, not fraternity row, people!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Hee. Yeah, neighbors can be idiots.

In the condo I lived in with my parents, there was a woman who went to work at about 6 or so every morning. As she drove out of the complex and by her condo, to say goodbye to her kids, she'd BEEP THE HORN! In a tune! Every morning! And all the bedroom windows faced out into the driveway that circled in the front of the building.

The owner's association put a stop to that right quick!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My kids & I just moved to a townhouse community a little over a month ago & this has become a huge issue for me as well. I've been thinking maybe I'm just overly sensitive to the noise having moved from a house situated on 3 acres in the middle of the woods, but people around here start honking ***repeatedly*** at about 6am & it continues on & off through the day - it's seriously making me a bit crazy.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
      RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

I hate it when people honk their horns too early or late. If I am going to pick somebody up early in the morning, I tell them to be ready cause I will not honk the horn so early.

I mean it is just common sense and courtesy to not honk a car horn when you might disturb others.

Comment

I rarely have problems with horns.
          My neighbour works 12 hr rotating shifts. 3 days of 12 hrs, 3 off, 3 nights, day shift starts 6am.

He always parks outside my house. He gives a lift to 2 other men who, you guessed it, congregate outside my house chatting & waiting for him.
          I always know he's on a day shift when I wake up at 5.30am

Its not that bad in winter, but when it get hot enough to have to have the windows open all night.... I am so taking a water blaster gun to bed with me
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

http://jack.is/angry/ghettodoorbell.php <-- Relevant.

Comment

We don't get people actually honking at all hours of the night, but we do get people's car alarms going off at all hours of the night. There are at least 2 or 3 cars that park in our lot that have EXTREMELY sensitive car alarms -- one is so sensitive that if someone drives past their car playing loud music, the car alarm goes off. It's so incredibly annoying, especially if the owners don't come out to turn the freaking things off for several minutes and it's 4am. People who come home late at night will also sometimes get out of their car, hit the lock button to lock their car, then hit the lock button AGAIN to make it honk to confirm it's locked. At 1am.

I really can't wait to get into our new house...I hope the neighbors are considerate.

Comment

That's why I am so glad my grandparents built this house very well sound insulated, double thick drywall on all walls, a few years ago there were police and ambulances across the street at a neighbors house and we never heard it

Comment

The honking isn't that much of an issue around here....I just cannot see the owners/maintenance men tolerating hearing anyone beeping horns around here, any time of day (or night).

It was an issue at my old apartment, but that was Trash Row.....no one around there had any decency or even common sense....everyone was always treated to horn honking and blaring until whomever they were waiting for finally came outside.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                    I mean it is just common sense and courtesy to not honk a car horn when you might disturb others.
                    You're funny!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

This is when having someone physically like my hubby comes in very handy. A 6'4" 300 lbs man with a beard looming over these jerks usually results in a quick end to the stupidity.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I love this, but unfortunately I am living in a low-income townhouse complex. I used to work the night-shift though & after the first 6 months of getting woken up by church people at the door 2 hours after going to sleep I finally put a HUGE note on the door that said "NIGHT SHIFT WORKER - DO NOT DISTURB!!" That was the only way I got any peace. So far today not one horn has gone off - maybe somebody complained?

Oh and I do have a 6 foot tall 285 pound girlfriend that can be VERY intimidating, but she doesn't live with me - YET
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
                        RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

My biggest issue (and I think a lot of it is being night shift, but this has always been a pet peeve of mine) is the door slamming and the stomping up and down the stairs around here.

The entire complex does NOT need to know that you're home, k?

It's the worst in the winter, when it's way below zero and the air is so crisp that every noise is magnified.

And especially since I've been on overtime since last summer and most days of the week I have to get up a few hours early....ugh...no better treat than losing my last hour of sleep because my idiot neighbor comes home, stomps up the stairs and slams his door, then proceeds to make a bunch of other noises, like slamming cupboards. I changed his nickname from Psycho Outdoorsman to Anger Management.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth The Last to Know View Post
                            I love this, but unfortunately I am living in a low-income townhouse complex. I used to work the night-shift though & after the first 6 months of getting woken up by church people at the door 2 hours after going to sleep I finally put a HUGE note on the door that said "NIGHT SHIFT WORKER - DO NOT DISTURB!!" That was the only way I got any peace. So far today not one horn has gone off - maybe somebody complained?

Oh and I do have a 6 foot tall 285 pound girlfriend that can be VERY intimidating, but she doesn't live with me - YET
                            Wow. I never had solicitors but if I do later I might try that sign. Wouldn't want to miss deliveries, though.

I hope you didn't think I was saying anything about anyone's level of income. It just seemed pertinent since I'm right on the edge of the "nice" neighborhood and the simple fact is that disturbances never come from *this* side of the street.
                            /me shrugs

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              My biggest issue (and I think a lot of it is being night shift, but this has always been a pet peeve of mine) is the door slamming and the stomping up and down the stairs around here.
                              Oh, my goddess, tell me about it! You know, the door closes just fine without slamming it. I do it myself several times a day. And are you throwing bowling balls around up there or have an elephant?

My asshole upstairs neighbors walk very heavy, heavy enough to vibrate my ceiling fans. (These are the ones where, about a year ago, the guy was taken away in handcuffs and the girl left for a few days.) I know it's on purpose because I've not only gone up there, but I've complained to the office. They supposedly won't do anything unless one of them hears the noise. Right, how is that supposed to happen when they come stomping in at 1:30 every morning?
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X