This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart again...:p

In the Wal of Mart today (I know, I know...my first mistake..lol). I had to get some groceries and some mucinex to kill this thing thats growing in my chest.

So anywho, apparently NO ONE told me it was the annual meeting of the "Suddenly stopping while pushing a shopping cart and standing in the way" support group...

Seriously, holy shit. EVERY single aisle I went through were random people suddenly stopping and blocking cart traffic either way. Some oblivious to the stares and excuse me's, some just not paying attention. Either way, it was honestly REALLY annoying, as my daughter was in the cart and if I had hit someone I wouldve given her whiplash. Lol. Im an aggressive cart pusher, but today i was sick, going much slower than usual and these asses still put their ankles in danger.

As I hit the last aisle (yogurt and OJ...mmmm!), I see a little spanish woman eyeing me leeringly....I give her a and continue down the aisle..she starts to match me pace for pace, then pulls in front of my cart, stops and comes back to talk to me...

She gets..UNCOMFORTABLY close to my face...LOL...up to my ear and asks "Hablas espanol?".

So I say yes and we proceed with a little conversation. She has the deal of a century for me.

She'll pay for my groceries with her "coupon card" aka foodstamps and I give her the cash..Um no honey...

I told her no and sorry and left. She looked like she was going to poop herself...either this was the first time she asked someone or the first time someone had told her no.

She couldve least sweetened the deal and offered 70 real cents to the food stamp dollar (just kidding guys!).

We then go to pharmacy and am finally getting the mucinex. Its one you have to pull the card then wait in line for. Hubby goes to wait in line and I stand back with the cart and daughter. I look over to the right and see my ex-neighbor STARING at me.

Now, I have to explain. This neighbor lived in an apt DIRECTLY across the street from my house. Everything I exited or entered my house for any reason..if he was home...he'd come outside and fiddle with his car until I left.

Weird right? He never once said hi. Never a wave, just stared. He lived there with his girlfriend, who I would consider freaking HOT, hawter than me, and still..stared at me. Creepy...for realz.

So, I noticed the stare (of death or desire??), broke off to my left and hid behind an aisle, where I could still see my hubby but not creepy neighbor man...Lol.

Finally, got a soft pretzel and some lemonade (neither of which I could taste) and got home and took a nap.

............And so the prophecy was fulfilled and how the people rejoiced.

The end.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    Finally, got a soft pretzel and some lemonade (neither of which I could taste)
    This irritates me more than the rest of the story.
    To not be able to taste a soft pretzel and lemonade is like getting signed to a professional football team and sitting on the bench for the entire season.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

My favorite is when people put their cart on one side of the asile and themselves on the other side of aisle effectively blocking said aisle.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        My favorite is when people put their cart on one side of the asile and themselves on the other side of aisle effectively blocking said aisle.
        When I do that, I at least try to stagger myself and my cart so people can still get around. I also only do that when someone else's cart is keeping me from putting my cart on the same side as me. ::shakes fist at aisle-blockers::
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

What I love are the people who, as soon as they step out of the store, stop right in front of the doorway to peruse their receipts, put away their wallet, etc. That's if they finish making it through the doorway...sometimes they stop right in the middle. Seriously? You can't move a few feet off to the side to do that?
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            In the Wal of Mart today (I know, I know...my first mistake..lol). I had to get some groceries and some mucinex to kill this thing thats growing in my chest.
            Oh, hell, that's every day.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            What I love are the people who, as soon as they step out of the store, stop right in front of the doorway to peruse their receipts, put away their wallet, etc. That's if they finish making it through the doorway...sometimes they stop right in the middle. Seriously? You can't move a few feet off to the side to do that?
            Didn't you know that they're the only person on the planet? Unfortunately, most of them drive that way, too.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              How about the ones who set off the door alarm for one reason or another, so they...stand there in the door while the greeter checks their receipt. Not only are they blocking the door, they're setting off the alarm again every two seconds.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                How about the ones who set off the door alarm for one reason or another, so they...stand there in the door while the greeter checks their receipt. Not only are they blocking the door, they're setting off the alarm again every two seconds.
                Heres worse...the ones that stop to TALK to the greeter about the weather/or nothing in particular...in a motorscooter AND cart....COMPLETELY block the doors out....and are oblivious to the people standing behind them...then look surprised when you say excuse me and theres 10 other people staring at them....

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Try being in the pharmacy that's right around the corner and having to hear that damned alarm the whole time. I'm really surprised that I haven't started to tune it out.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I made a snarky comment while getting around some woman that had to push her cart in the precise middle of the aisles. And that was after she'd been running a California roadblock with some other shopper friend of hers for the length of an entire aisle and the store had already technically closed and I was trying to get out of there so the people could go home.

(I'm not sure what the rules at the local Costco are, but they told us they closed at 6 as we walked in, and my phone said it was after 6 already... We would have turned around except my Mom was down and was leaving the next morning)

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      Heres worse...the ones that stop to TALK to the greeter about the weather/or nothing in particular...in a motorscooter AND cart....COMPLETELY block the doors out....and are oblivious to the people standing behind them...then look surprised when you say excuse me and theres 10 other people staring at them....
                      No, the worst are the ones that stop at the end of the escalator to chat and decide which direction they're heading, especially one going down. People avalanche in 3, 2, 1.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Try being in the pharmacy that's right around the corner and having to hear that damned alarm the whole time. I'm really surprised that I haven't started to tune it out.
                        Former cashier here. And half the greeters I worked with never asked the customer to move their carts. I still twitch when I hear the alarm go off.

Comment

Working...
                        X