X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Moon....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, this is from my SIL.

First, I will start off and say, yes I am a Twilight fan..:P

Anywho, I preordered my copy of New Moon online @ Borders and by sheer luck received it yesterday, one day before the release day. It was good. I bragged about it on FB..etc.

My sister inlaw decides she wants her own copy and so, arrives @ walmart last night @ 11:55pm....BIG MISTAKE.

She enters with my niece and they see a line that STARTS @ the entrance. She says to herself "Lets see where this line goes..." and so follows it, this is where it went:

Up to produce, to the left all the way across the front of the store, into the Garden department, up the side where it wove through the paint and outdoors depts, wove through every single toy aisle, into the shoes and THEN to electronics.....where they were giving the line people as many New Moon DVDs as they wanted...BUT they then had to go up front to pay, where only TWO registers were open and those lines went straight to the back of the store, into electronics.

Can I just say that this is a SuperCenter so it is fucking HUGE!!

Needless to say, she did not want to wait, but on her way out, saw a woman with 2 entire shopping bags full of the movie.....who then began hocking them in the parking lot for $20 (they were $13 in the store.)

She called me this AM to tell me and I laughed @ her....so hard. LOL

I've been selling nothing but since this morning.
    My coworker promised our cardboard display to a girl....on the release date.

So I'll see if I can't whip up a replacement advertisement tonight.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I will refrain from commenting on my personal feelings towards the series itself, but I will say this:

Good Lord, that's friggin' unbelievable.

See? I did it!
      Last edited by derangedperson; 03-20-2010, 09:29 PM. Reason: Went a little TOO far there. Was trying to be sarcastic, but came off like a jackass.
      The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

I would've been back in the store to inform a manager that there was a lady scalping the DVDs in the parking lot.

Quoth derangedperson View Post
        See? I did it! I made a Twilight-related post without saying how much it fucking sucks! I made it through a Twilight-related topic without saying that Bella is a blatant Mary Sue and Edward is an emotionally abusive jackass! I DID IT! I DID IT! PRAISE BE UNTO THE LORD, I DID IT!

:smack:
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Deranged? Not overly cool, dude. Chill!

Rapscallion

Comment

I've never been so happy to have a weekend off as I am this weekend. That means I get to miss the tidal wave of Twi-tards

Obviously the sales of Twilight-related stuff will be good for the bottom line, but for some reason this all calls the proverb about a fool and his/her money to mind.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

yeah. i can;t talk about twilight at work now that i found out my boss reads it. but our store is selling it at about 14 bucks. so we were on our second box by noon today. and we only have two boxes. i fear for my next shift.
              Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

One of our stores had a midnight release party showing the movie, having trivia contests, costume contests, snacks and 'blood pong'. I'm not a huge Twilight fan, but love vampires so I whipped-up a costume and won me an Edward/Jacob lunchbox!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  a woman with 2 entire shopping bags full of the movie.....who then began hocking them in the parking lot for $20 (they were $13 in the store.)
                  I'm not a twilight fan, but that is ridiculous. If it were up to me, one copy per customer. You should especially not give two bags worth to one customer

Comment

Can we concentrate on the SCs in the tale and not insult people, please? There are some members here who happen to like the Twilight saga.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Saphire089 View Post
                      I'm not a twilight fan, but that is ridiculous. If it were up to me, one copy per customer. You should especially not give two bags worth to one customer
                      yeah, at the most we were letting them get 2 i think. if they grumped about it i reminded them that other people were wanting to get it as well. it's not like they won't be making more copies.
                      though i know if someone had bought a ton of copies and tried selling them in the lot like that, my boss would have no problem with us calling the fuzz *grin*
                      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

$7 dollars extra to not have to wait in line and possibly not get a copy? I would considered that worth it.

As big of a Twilight fan that I am, I could not imagine waiting in such a long line at midnight, I would be like "here's my twenty, I'm going home"

Comment

I have never bought into that whole "wait a long time in line to buy something that you can buy the next day without waiting in line." As much as I want some things, I have more interesting things to do with my time than wait in a line just to get something a few hours earlier.

I have been to a release party because that was en event, but I didn't bother getting the book at the same time. It was a madhouse. I bought the book on Amazon, and it was delivered to my door the next morning.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I happen to love Twilight, but I have avoided releases for both movies so far at the theater and at movie stores.

Thank God for Redbox, and the fact that New Moon has been out for a week now.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              I have never bought into that whole "wait a long time in line to buy something that you can buy the next day without waiting in line."
                              The only time I've ever bought into this was when I went to an event by my favourite author, who did a talk, a question & answer section, & then signed any books anyone had, including the new release he was promoting (which wasn't actually due to hit the shops until the next day). I thought getting to stand in front of the guy & say 'thank you for giving me years of pleasure with your writing' while he signed the book was worth the half hour wait - & if you wanted the new book signed the stall was near the start of the line. Genius on the organisers' part, as it was a very quiet line with everyone leaning against the wall, head down, reading! You could tell how far they'd got into the book by the sudden bursts of laughter...
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                              X