This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    The only time I've ever bought into this was when I went to an event by my favourite author, who did a talk, a question & answer section, & then signed any books anyone had, including the new release he was promoting (which wasn't actually due to hit the shops until the next day).
    Now, that is entirely different.

I did a similar thing when Spider Robinson was at the San Diego Comic Con one year.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Now, that is entirely different.

I did a similar thing when Spider Robinson was at the San Diego Comic Con one year.

^-.-^
      I remember being blown away reading the original publication of "The Guy With The Eyes" in the magazine with rivets on it.

Spider, IMHO, is one of our greatest wordsmiths living. He raises his aspect, pulls our disbelief suspenders just to the limit and slingshots us into very hard choices.

Hi. My name is Dale and I wanna go to Callahan's.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Hi. My name is Dale and I wanna go to Callahan's.
        You, me, and pretty much every person I've ever hung out with.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Actually I don't want to...

Comment

I have been to two book signings at bookstores. The first was with Gary Larson of Farside fame. He drew a little cartoon when he signed the book. The second was with Tom Clancy. I took my copy of Hunt For Red October for him to sign. As he signed it, he remarked that this was the edition with the technical error in it. My immediate response was to tell him of the error in the first edition of Larry Niven's Ringworld (the moon is orbiting the wrong way). I never found out what the error was.

I have gotten other autographed books, but they were not at bookstores.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X