Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verizon, round 2, FIGHT! (rant & need halp)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely there was some corrosion between the wire and the connection. Wiggling the wire dislodged the corrosion and made a tighter connection.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Good to hear!

Sound like there was a screw loose on the Verizon side of things.

And yes, all snark intended.

If the problem comes back, keep your current ticket number, tell them it happened again, and come and replace your demark. They will, at no cost to you.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

If it's at the box, you might want to talk to your landlord (if you're renting) about having it repaired.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Had something similar back when I lived on Cape Cod, and the currently-Verizon lines were still NYNEX.

Had a very loud hum on my line, indicating bad grounding. Only happened when it rained, but every time I put out a call on it, they wouldn't come down until it stopped raining, and by then it had cleared up.

But one day in 1996, when the weather was forecasting rain for a few days at a shot, I called for a service call at the beginning of the bad weather, so they HAD to come out during the rain. they found the grounding error right away (at a box down the street), and fixed it.

After that, my dial-up modem was able to connect to the internet in the middle of Tropical Storm Bertha! Needless to say I was satisfied.
          DJ Particle

Comment

Working...
          X