This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalism Fail - WARNING Offensive

Actually, since this is a hate crime this counts as a total fail anyhow. The local Masjid (mosque) was vandalized the other day - some windows were smashed, anti-Muslim slogans were sprayed on the walls, along with various things implying/accusing the Muslims of devil worship.

The part that I find ironic is that, while these people were deliberately targeting the mosque because it was a mosque, they decided to paint things that Christians (well certain Christians) would find offensive. My officemate had to ask me what the significance of "666" was.

Oddly enough, further proof of how stupid these people are doesn't make me any less upset. </sarcasm>

Wow. That's just sick. Why do people have to be so hateful?
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

hateful due to ignorance, stupidity or just plain bigotry. take your pick.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

"If you're trying to reach Beelzebub, he's in Grand Rapids." --Peter Sagal, "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!"
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Anyone remember God Warrior? I'm sure it was her...

Comment

I totally agree. When I went to Spain back in 2002 I went to one of the local shops that allow you to make international calls real cheap. It was loaded with Muslims making calls back home to Morocco and the Middle East. I was the only white guy there with a green tank top with the word "Florida" on the front and not one person there gave me any problems.

Comment

I hate it when stuff like this happens. My boyfriend is muslim, born and raised in Pakistan. He's over here for school and has made a TON of friends. But, of course, there are stupid people out there. Several times, after he's done talking to his dad in Urdu on the phone while out shopping somewhere, several butchy looking guys will always harass him.
              "This is America, learn to speak english haji!" The kicker? My bf's mom and grandma are both english professors, which means he speaks perfect english. He even speaks better than I do, and I've lived here my whole life!
              Or, "Fucking Muslim terrorist! Stealing all our women!" This after we come out of the movie theatre and we're holding hands. Believe me, no one is stealing anyone from that guy. He scares them off enough on his own.
              I'll even get scorn for it. "WTF? Why the hell are you dating a terrorist? What, do you hate america?" Excuse me?! Why do you suddenly care who I date? I don't even know you douche now step off before I hit you.
              Actually had to clobber someone with my books at school when I mentioned he was muslim and this guy came up and started yelling and shit about how I hate america and how he's a terrorist, blah blah blah. Guy grabbed me and I put all my force behind my stack of books and gave him a black eye. Bonus: Secruity ignored his attempts at getting me arrested and took him off for attempted assault and disturbing the peace. Ah, justice.
              Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

I really hate bigotry and racism like that. Many of my friends, students, colleagues and in my study group (optics physics) are Muslim - however, what i see of them are their personality and such, I don't 'see' their religion, but respect them for it.

Recently, I went to a conference in Boston - I had enough trouble getting through security at the airport (and I am an Australian) - but when i went to the conference, i saw that many presenters (eminent scientists) and several of my study group ere denied entry visas - strange coincidence that these people came from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Iran, Kazakhstan, China and New Zealand and all were Muslim or Hindu - this is despite some of them being the top scientists of their fields.

Next conference and all future conferences will never be held in the US again. Loved Boston, was there for the 4th of July, but never again.
                Last edited by Damien; 03-23-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Seriously, WTF?

I couldn't believe our local paper actually published a letter to the editor, which, at one point, mentioned Muslims worshiping their false god and also mentioned how she was a "good" Christian.

Forgive me, but Islam not one of the Abrahamic religions, along with Christianity and Judiasm? Meaning they worship the same God as the letter writer claimed she herself worshiped? Meaning that, according to her own words, she's worshiping a false god as well?

Racists surely are the most ignorant people...
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    Racists surely are the most ignorant people...
                    Duh

Not far from me, someone painted "Whits Only," and "Nigers suck" on an overpass. Every time I drive through there, I can't help but laugh. Not about the obviously racist messages...but because the dipshit who posted that can't even spell his slurs. I mean, if you're going to be an ignorant asshole, at least get the fucking words right
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

What was that line from Porky's? Something like "You're too stupid to even be a good bigot!" Seems to fit here.

Right after 9/11, I remember reading in the news about incidents of vandalism being committed against people whose only crime was being of middle-eastern descent. The scary part is, some of this was happening in my area.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It can be frustrating dealing with different cultures and different languages. Yet those same differences have come from the most polite customers I ever had. It's amazing what can be accomplished with a little bit of courtesy and respect.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          if you're going to be an ignorant asshole, at least get the fucking words right
                          I'm the sort of person who'd climb up on the overpass and write the above.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            I'm the sort of person who'd climb up on the overpass and write the above.
                            Do you need a stepladder?
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I hear this stuff a lot, and it drives me absolutely insane. I spent a great deal of time in school with professors and fellow students from all over the Middle East, and I have to say that I heard a lot more ignorant shit out of my fellow Americans than I ever did from the foreign students.

Comment

Working...
                              X