This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel security fail

This sighting brought to you by my parents, who just returned from a vacation out west, during which I house-sat for them.

They stayed last night in Las Vegas, at the place they usually stay while in Vegas. They called the front desk to request a wake-up call at 5:00 am.

During the night the phone rang, and my dad picked it up and hung it up, assuming that was the wake-up call. Problem was the clock read 1:30.

Mom decided to go to the bathroom because the phone ringing had woke her up anyway. While in the bathroom, she heard somebody knocking softly on the door to their room.

Then the phone rang again and dad answered. Mom couldn't make out what the person on the other end was saying, but she heard dad saying things like "No, I'm not coming out into the hall" and "What do you mean we have something that doesn't belong to us?"

Finally the person on the phone convinced dad to come to the door, and a look through the peephole revealed a security guard standing outside the door. Dad didn't open the door but instead conversed with the guard through the door. More of the same--"We don't have anything that doesn't belong to us, we've been in our room since 8, why are you here?"

Finally the security guard asked for my dad's last name. Upon him giving it, the security guard told him "Sorry, I must have the wrong room" and left.

What they figure happened was somebody in the hotel probably reported something stolen, probably gave security the name and room number of somebody they figured had committed the theft, that name somehow got connected to my parents' room, and security went barging right up figuring they'd catch the perp red-handed, and they could've done so very easily, or at least avoided wasting their time and unnecessarily waking my parents up had they asked my dad his name to begin with when they came to the door, or better yet, checked their computer to make sure the person named was actually in that room.

They don't know if they're going to come back there the next time they're in Vegas.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

They may. I would suggest a letter to the hotel management in regards to how their negligence in checking for matching names caused them to have a negative experience at the hotel. I'd bet management will comp them for their next visit!
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Or it was someone pretending to be security. At which point they have an even bigger problem.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. At the very least they will probably get comped for their trouble.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Oh my, thats so scary! At least your parents are fine.

Comment

Yeah, this is REALLY weird. I have had security calm down rooms, try to find parents of a lost child who ventured out of his room, enter vacant rooms, etc but never something like this.

--Weird!--
            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
            X