This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unaccetpable!

A friend of mine who is the head of IT for a NJ Hospital just emailed me about a couple of phone conversations he just had with someone who is both unrealistic and has no listening comprehension.

In his own words:

B*tch from our NY office calls me like 20 minutes ago and demands that J (the printer tech who does a lot of the hospitals printer/copier repairs) get up to Long Island TODAY and fix her printer because it's burning envelopes. That was at 3pm. On a Friday.

So I explain how that's not going to happen being that:

1. It's Friday
    2. I'm not J's boss - he works for another company
    and 3. It's a 4 hour drive round trip under good conditions. (mid-Jersey to NYC)

So, she calls back about 5 minutes ago wondering if J is on his way yet.

I explain to her that J is too large to fit into our time machine and she's just going to have to wait until at least Tuesday but probably more likely Wednesday. She responds that is totally unacceptable. I suggested she prepare herself to accept the unacceptable and hung up on her. Why don't people just listen...

He's been getting pretty disgusted with SC's and the idiots who run the hospital, so I'm honestly surprised that was ALL he said to her on the phone.

And I feel bad laughing at his SC experience, but that time machine line had me and my technician dying when we read his email.

"prepare to accept the unacceptable"

Brilliant! Next fool who tells me something is unacceptable, I'm using this
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      "prepare to accept the unacceptable"

Brilliant! Next fool who tells me something is unacceptable, I'm using this
      I wish I could get away with using that line at the Kitty . . .but then I'd probably be accused of having a "bad attitude."

Like I don't have one already?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Bitch: "Unaccetpable!"

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          I wish I could get away with using that line at the Kitty . . .but then I'd probably be accused of having a "bad attitude."

Psst...I think what they're actually getting upset with you for is displaying a bad attitude. Not that they'd ever admit that.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

He's at that wonderful stage where he no longer gives a shit and is in a position where being fired would totally screw the hospital.

edit: love the Ron White quote. He's one of my favorite comedians.

Comment

Working...
            X