This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's in trouble

Last night I stopped in a local drug store to pick up a soda and chocolate. This particular store was in a not so great area of town, as in, lock your doors because a hoodlum might steal your cds not, do not get out of the car because you might get shot.

While trying to decide on my treat, I heard a conversation between someone from the pharmacy, a customer and another employee.

The gist of the conversation was this: Man had prescription at the pharmacy and went to pick it up. Rx had been picked up by mystery person X that morning. Customer had no idea who picked up after being given a description by the Pharmacy employee.

I really wanted to ask if it was a Schedule II drug, but refrained. (But that is just the cynic in me.) Then I wondered how something like that could happen!

I know that at my old pharmacy in my hometown, pretty much anyone could pick up my RX as long as they had my address (it wasn't anything special, just birth control pills...dunno if they would do this for more tightly controller substances.) My parents picked up my RX for me a few times, and vice versa. The problem was, most of the time to techs (or whoever was working behind the pharmacy) would verify the address TO US rather than having us verify the address to them. I guess that way, anyone who knew I took the RX could probably go in and pick up a refill, if they knew that I was getting a refill.

Comment

Hmmm. I know that one of the pharmacies we have DH's meds at, they always ask me for either the address or his birthdate. I switched his other med there today because I was tired of waiting 30-45 minutes in line every time I went to pick it up. Go figure, they expand the pharmacy to fit more people in it (to work) and there is still only one person working the register with every other customer having some kind of issue.

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
        Go figure, they expand the pharmacy to fit more people in it (to work) and there is still only one person working the register with every other customer having some kind of issue.
        Hey, sometimes we don't have a choice. There's been many a time that one tech is taking new RXs at drop-off, the other is ringing people out, and the pharmacist is doing everything else. Or the other night when both of us were at the registers and the pharmacist was doing everything else. We had a wait time of 45 minutes and she quit taking new RXs at 8:30pm (we close at 9pm) so that we could try to catch up.

Just because they remodeled doesn't mean there's more people. Our state law only allows for max of 3 techs per pharmacist. And then it's possible that the store isn't giving them the hours to have enough people. Or you have one of your registers jacked-up for the better part of two weeks because the IT guys can't seem to get the right hard drive to replace the one that's fubared.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          And then it's possible that the store isn't giving them the hours to have enough people.
          I think that's the sort of situation that she's complaining about. Or else that the store possibly ought to have hired another pharmacist.

Comment

Working...
          X