This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend Makes Me An Sc

Boyfriend comes out of the local shop and several minutes later is complaining that he has been given the wrong change.

He gave them a ten and has not been given a five with the change, how he can not notice this at the time I have no idea, but he insists this is true,

First I wonder if he was given it and then dropped it, I retrace his steps back to the shop, looking under cars in case it has blown away, nothing.

Then I make him turn out all his pockets in case it has got into the corner and been overlooked, nothing.

Finally, I do what I didn;t want to do, go back to local shop, where they know us well and ask.I just explain that he thought he was given the wrong change, and would be grateful if they could check the registers that night, otherwise in case he dropped it, if they could keep a lookout for it.I am very polite.The shop assistant apologises for this and when I leave she is checking all round the counter in case it has dropped there.

A little later boyfriend says he has no money and needs to go to the bank to get some as he lent (his friend) Paul his last ten last night.

I say if he lent his last ten last night, he cannot have paid with a ten this morning and therefore cannot have lost five from the change.

Boyfriend suddenly realises he DID pay with a five and even remarked to himself while paying what a nice crisp five it was, must have been a new one!

Back to the shop and apologise, really embarrassed.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

I would say you were the furthest from an SC. You were polite, weren't demanding, and apologised...

I'm going to say you were the opposite of an SC.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
      I would say you were the furthest from an SC. You were polite, weren't demanding, and apologised...

I'm going to say you were the opposite of an SC.
      And went back to the shop to let them know they could quit searching!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yup, you did everything exactly as you should have.

You checked all of the other possibilities before going back.
        You requested that they check the till at the end of the day rather than having them turn it all out right that second.
        And then, when you found out that they did give the right change, you went back to let them know about it.

I can't think of anything else you could have done in that situation that could have been done better.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

you were polite and updated them of your bf's mistake.

Nothing SC in your behaviour at all

Comment

Excellent. A+ for conduct.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I think intention is everything...you made a mistake and at least you had the decency to go back and apologize .

Comment

Working...
              X