This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At The Hibachi Restaurant

I am writng this at the restaurant DDD and I are having dinner at. The chef pretty much cooked the food, served it and left. There was very little entertainment, someone didn't get half of their entree and when he did everyone complained that he got a smaller portion and the pieces were smaller. I'm not sure if it was being fixed or if they just took it off the bill.

Clarification:

Okay, now that we're home, here is what happened. One of the people in the other party at our table didn't get his chicken. The waitress was made aware of this and she went to go fix the problem. When the plate of chicken was given to the guy, one of the women in the party started harping about how the chunks were smaller, and that the portion he received was smaller than the other people. DDD actually got a double portion (or so he thinks), so that's probably where the problem came from.

In addition to that, one of the other people had a birthday, so he got a cake and the people in his party got ice cream. They did offer us some, but we were too full and declined.
    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 03-28-2010, 04:48 AM. Reason: Not enough room to type on cell phone
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Hmmm. Yeah, part of the whole appeal is seeing the show; the skill of the chefs, and getting little pieces of veggie tossed into your mouth Wonder if it was a new guy, or just one having a bad day.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Agreed. I had thought about going to another hibachi restaurant we go to every so often, but he'd said he didn't want me to waste the gas. Next time, I'll take the chance. I actually thought it might be nice to go to seeing as it was close.

I sent a note to the restaurant owners (hopefully) to let them know about why we may not be returning. While we weren't directly affected by the other party's person not getting his food, it was more annoying than anything to go into a restaurant and not get what you expect to be the norm.
      Random conversation:

Comment

Yea...bugs me a bit. Two different restauraunts of the same type do NOT always offer the same service. BECAUSE they are two different restauraunts.

And Lil, the hibachi place around here does not do what you say happens at yours.

So I think sending a note is just going to make the owners shrug.

Comment

Okay..so..I'm just supposed to shrug it off and take it as a $55 dollar lesson learned? People go to hibachi restaurants expecting some sort of entertainment.

Even if that wasn't my "sighting" the fact that someone didn't get their food that they ordered should at least be sight worthy enough. If not, the admins can just delete this thread.
          Random conversation:

Comment

I'm not saying it's not a sighting. But it was up to the person who got slighted to make the server aware he wasn't happy.

Have you gone to this particular Hibachi place before and if so i they have the entertainment then? Again I would like to point out that the hibachi places around me do not have this entertainment I keep hearing about. They just have really really pretty food displays come out to your table that you eat.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              Have you gone to this particular Hibachi place before and if so i they have the entertainment then? Again I would like to point out that the hibachi places around me do not have this entertainment I keep hearing about. They just have really really pretty food displays come out to your table that you eat.
              I'm assuming that this is the same as a Teppankayi restaurant. Around here you can order teppanyaki even if you're not at a cooking table, the food is the same either way. However, if you go to a cooking table entertainment is expected.

Comment

The two Hibachi places, in my area, that have Hibachi in there name do not have cooking tables.

Comment

One time we went to a Hibachi restaurant during the day. The food was good, but the show was disappointing. It was clear the chef was still in training and he didn't do very much. He did try, however, and the food was quite tasty.

This seems to be more than a lack of showmanship. Definitely complain! While you weren't shorted food, it was still an unpleasant experience.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

No we hadn't been to this restaurant before, but seeing as when they opened last month someone was standing outside with a sign that pretty much stated entertainment with skilled chefs, I'd have expected it, as I'm sure anyone else who had seen it and went in. I wish I'd gotten a picture of it. As it was I was busy trying to get one of our two cats to the Petco next door to get her shots.

Maybe it's my mistake in using the wrong term, hibachi rather than teppanyaki.
                    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM.
                    Random conversation:

Comment

if the people who were shorted food were another party at a shared cook, then leave it to them to complain, not you.
                      about the show, that usually depends on the chef's skill. the place we go has one chef that has been there for years who does all kinds of crazy stuff, some younger guys that are still good, but not as skilled, and some trainees. if a trainee tries to do something too hard, they can hurt themselves. hubby had to catch one once from almost falling on the cooking surface because he lost his balance doing a trick. poor kid still burned his hand pretty badly though.
                      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

As far as I knew, all hibachi involves a show while cooking. You basically sit in front of the grill and the chef does tricks as he cooks (lighting stuff on fire, flipping food into your mouth, etc.). If I went to a place that was known for this and didn't get that show, I'd complain about it. (Well, the place I go to, Sawa, has two sections. One for regular restaurant stuff and one section for the special cooking shows)
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

*sigh* I give up. I guess I was wrong. I'll just send an apology letter and suck it up to a $55 lesson.

Sorry to have wasted any board space on this. My fault for not thinking it through.
                          Random conversation:

Comment

Having never been to a hibachi restaurant, I can't comment on the entertainment part of the experience.

There were definitely some balls dropped with the missing portions and the smaller portions, but the people who experienced those issues should write their own complaints. We're all adults; we can handle our own issues.

At least we know where you will not be going out to eat again.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Okay, I get the point. No need to dogpile. Since DDD doesn't seem interested in chiming in, ya'll can let it go.
                              Random conversation:

Comment

Working...
                              X