This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves and just deserves

So once again I made my yearly visit this afternoon to the parking lot of the mall near my home. With me were fifteen prettily wrapped boxes (dollar store shiny paper and bows) containing numerous droppings from my dogs nestled within folds of tissue paper. All were quite fresh and ripe.

I parked my car and took out one of the boxes from my trunk. I then proceeded to walk up to the mall’s doors, stood for a moment or two at the doors to let anyone who had witnessed me walking either get to their car or into the store, walked back down to my car and acted as if I was trying to find my keys in my pocket. I next hurriedly dropped the box on the trunk of my car and rushed back to the mall’s doors in a mock panic as if I had forgotten something inside.

I stood just inside the doors and watched through the glass to see what happened next. Sure enough, within two minutes someone would walk by the box, look around quickly to see if anyone was around who might own it, then snatch up the box and run to their car.

All fifteen boxes were gone within forty-five minutes. Not one soul attempted to take the box into the mall to leave with security or an information booth. Had anyone tried to do that, I would have run back out of the mall and thanked them for finding my lost gift.

My wife says I am pure evil. I say the thieves got what they deserved. In any case, I had fun.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Some people might say Turd Terrorism on your part...... others would say, Karma is most inconvenient at times eh?

Comment

I have always wanted to do that. Can I live vicariously through you?
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Hahahaha!

Not sure how true this story is, but it's certainly plausible:

Mom and daughter do some yard clean up. Toss a bunch of tumbleweed into the back of the pick-up truck and drive it down to the local mall.
        Then stand around loudly discussing what a great "find" they've made.
        "Oh, isn't it great that we found all of that tumbleweed?"
        "All we need now is some white spray paint and twine and we can make tumbleweed snowmen for christmas decorations!"
        They repeated this throughout their shopping trip and viola! by the time they
        returned to the truck, No More Tumbleweed! Saved them a trip to the dump.

Comment

Oh to be a fly on the wall when those idjits open the boxes.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Thieves and just deserves
            Sorry to be the Nazi on this, but it's just desserts.

Comment

Quoth HappyCthulhu View Post
              Err, "just deserts", actually (not "vast, sandy regions", but "that which is deserved").

Comment

Uhhhhh....I stand corrected

Comment

Quoth kzc View Post
                  Err, "just deserts", actually (not "vast, sandy regions", but "that which is deserved").

Desert-arid region, usually partly covered by sand
                  Dessert-is a course that typically comes at the end of a meal
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                    Desert-arid region, usually partly covered by sand
                    Dessert-is a course that typically comes at the end of a meal
                    Exactly - I was explaining that my "deserts" was not to be misinterpreted as "vast, sandy regions", but rather the less common meaning, "what is deserved".

Pedant mode off.

Comment

Quoth HappyCthulhu View Post
                      <<< Initially this post was a justification of my use of the term, but I am afraid all it would have done is create a debate/argument about it. That was not the purpose of my original post, so I have deleted what I wrote in this one. >>
                      Last edited by South Texan; 12-20-2006, 05:44 AM.
                      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                        Sorry to be a stickler for historical accuracy, but the term actually is correct as "just deserves".
                        That's odd. I'm quite the stickler for people not butchering old sayings, and I have never heard "just deserves". It makes sense, but if you could provide a few instances for me to use as reference, as I can't find any atm, it'd be a help
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hehe some of you might remember me talking about the kid who tried to steal my wagon as I was delivering papers. He sure got a shock when he fell and was *run over* by said vehicle...

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had my DH read ST's story and he wandered off muttering 'fecal justice'. hehe
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

You need to video tape this.
                              "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Working...
                              X